Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto R
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just played this for the second time. Can a survivor move past zombie(s) if they don't have Slippy or do they need to deal with the zombie?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archangelrey wrote:
Hi,

Just played this for the second time. Can a survivor move past zombie(s) if they don't have Slippy or do they need to deal with the zombie?

Thanks

To leave a zone containing Zombies, you must spend 1 additional action per Zombie in that zone.

Characters, such as Wanda, who can move more than one zone per move action, must stop their action when they enter a zone containing one or more Zombies.

Slippery, iirc, allows a character to ignore both these restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and you CAN spend one action to enter the zone with one zombie and two to leave it in the SAME turn...

you to not have to fight with it to leave that zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Archangelrey wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

To leave a zone containing Zombies, you must spend 1 additional action per Zombie in that zone.

Characters, such as Wanda, who can move more than one zone per move action, must stop their action when they enter a zone containing one or more Zombies.

Actually Wanda etc have to stop, paraphrasing rule book: "Entering a zone with a zombie terminates move action even if survivor has skill that allows for multiple zone movement". Page 10 (download version) #6 players phase, last part of first paragraph in move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto R
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hiakeem wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Archangelrey wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Actually Wanda etc have to stop, paraphrasing rule book: "Entering a zone with a zombie terminates move action even if survivor has skill that allows for multiple zone movement". Page 10 (download version) #6 players phase, last part of first paragraph in move action.

That's exactly what I said.

Slippery, however, allows the character to ignore that restriction. Source: the FAQ, downloadable from the Guillotine Games website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
hiakeem wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Archangelrey wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Slippery, however, allows the character to ignore that restriction. Source: the FAQ, downloadable from the Guillotine Games website.

Huh, did that change? I swear I remember slippery only affecting leaving squares with Zombies in it, and a clarification that a character with multiple squares of movement needing to stop when entering a square with zombies regardless of if they had slippery or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotenomad wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
hiakeem wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Archangelrey wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Huh, did that change? I swear I remember slippery only affecting leaving squares with Zombies in it, and a clarification that a character with multiple squares of movement needing to stop when entering a square with zombies regardless of if they had slippery or not.

See: http://zombicide.com/dl/zomb_faq_1.0_EN.pdf

Second question on page 3.

(I'd copy-paste a direct quote, but doing so on my iPod Touch is a PITA!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction, learned something new. Slippery makes Wanda even more powerful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott-

Thanks for the link to the FAQ. I'd looked at it originally, and saw that it specified unless the character has slippery.
I was just commenting that I remembered looking at it before and coming away with a different impression. I thought that slippery only used to affect leaving a square with zombies in it, and that entering a square with Zombies ALWAYS ended movement.
It's quite possible that I'm misremembering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.