Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was thinking that using a pulsed movement system would create less downtime, as all players are involved, it would take some critical decision making and guessing what other players might do, and hopefully, add some overall excitement to the movement aspect of the game without slowing it down (I think it might actually speed things up).

If anyone is familiar with the pulsed action system from HERO games, you'll know what I'm talking about, but it works like this:

The Net roll is after all modifications have been added and the dice have been flipped. The track marshal calls the pulses or phases, and everyone moves their bike one space on their designated pulse.

Net Roll | Phases
1 . . . . . . 12
2 . . . . . . 6, 12
3 . . . . . . 4, 8, 12
4 . . . . . . 3, 6, 9, 12
5 . . . . . . 2, 4, 7, 10, 12
6 . . . . . . 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 , 12
etc.

So as the phases are called out, from front to back, each player moves their bike one space on the appropriate phase. Bikes are only allowed to change one space in or out per move as well.

I'm still trying to figure out how to handle passing in corners. I think I will give players markers to show 'built up' move (probably just use pennies to test it) and when they have enough built up move they can then move beside the bike ahead of them. I'll have to playtest it though. Any other ideas on how to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.