Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just asked Gene on consimworld and he said that the game should ship in about 2 weeks time!

So touching wood I should have it here in Finland by my birthday (23 April)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Simppa74 wrote:
Just asked Gene on consimworld and he said that the game should ship in about 2 weeks time!

So touching wood I should have it here in Finland by my birthday (23 April)

I'm sure I'll forget by the so Hyvää syntymäpäivää. If wrong, blame Google Translate.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurrah ! About time too , Im really looking forward to this.

First solo scenario (after the trainers) Im going to play is 31.6 French North AFrica. Its about time an ETO level game included a scenario dedicated to this lttle sideshow, looks like a good intro game too. What will yours be ?

(Ps Sal as an aside , do the factions have economic points/resources in this scenario ? Or are they assumed to have all that they need taking into account the scenario special rules. Sorry if its there I just keep rereading it and misunderstanding it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FNA does seem to be left out of ETO games. However, it is a small campaign and as such can be tough for ETO games to simulate. It was tough to do in USE.

Quote:
(Ps Sal as an aside , do the factions have economic points/resources in this scenario ? Or are they assumed to have all that they need taking into account the scenario special rules. Sorry if its there I just keep rereading it and misunderstanding it).

No problem, Simon. Since you're in Liverpool, I'm guessing American isn't your first language so it's just a translation issue.

You'll find the answer in 30.3.1 Factory Count, coupled with the scenario rules under Active Countries.

If a country's Factory Count is listed as 'NA' (such as Germany in the FNA scenario) then you do not track any prod for it. It has all it needs each turn.

If a specific number is listed (such as French North Africa in the FNA scenario), then that is the country's starting Factory Count value and you track prod for it using the economic rules.

If a specific number and 'Every Turn' is listed (such as Germany in the France 1944 scenario), then that is the country's Factory Count value each turn of the scenario and you track prod for it using the economic rules.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Lau
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reading the downloaded rulebook and playbook back to back three times waiting for the game. (plus two times at the 2013 iteration of rules and playbook).
I have downloaded them to all of my PC, Mac, iPhone, iPadMini, Xiaomi phone such that I can read them whenever and wherever I want.

I played Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg! but didn't feel much of it. I don't care an operational game transplanted as a grand strategy game The Supreme Commander.

I like the monthly turn; I like it able to invade Denmark and then set up airbase to paradrop in Norway in the same turn without artificial rules; I like the Economic rules; I like the sea zones and interception range; I like the Policies; I like the Diplomacy Cup; I like the map; I like the Convoy supply mechanism; I like every move and fight need production points; I like the weather lines; ....

I know it SHALL displace A World at War on my attic gaming table and from my heart. I have a high hope on this game. It is my new Rise and Decline of the Third Reich.

Ship me the game now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Stingley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news and good timing, I'm hosting the group's game night next month and this will supplant Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg! from the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Greetings everyone,

Do we have an specific date for shipping??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rubendario5 wrote:
Greetings everyone,

Do we have an specific date for shipping??

I am not aware of a specific date.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grossman
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PillarofAutumn wrote:
Great news and good timing, I'm hosting the group's game night next month and this will supplant Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg! from the table.

My guess is that both will be on my playlist, but I'm very much looking forward to USE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Schrieber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't know why, but I've been looking forward to this game for a VERY long time. Mitch Land told me that Sal does some pretty good work, and this is my favorite genre to game in. I got Totaler Krieg about a year ago, and it quickly became my favorite European Theater game, but some of what I saw on this during the early on discussions by play testers really got me excited about it.

Looking forward to seeing that brown truck pull up in the next couple of weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trianglemoon wrote:
Don't know why, but I've been looking forward to this game for a VERY long time.

Come April, it has been on P500 for four years so we certainly waited a long time.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe » Forums » General
Re: Shipping end of month!
Don't know why, but I've been looking forward to this game for a VERY long time. Mitch Land told me that Sal does some pretty good work, and this is my favorite genre to game in. I got Totaler Krieg about a year ago, and it quickly became my favorite European Theater game, but some of what I saw on this during the early on discussions by play testers really got me excited about it.

Looking forward to seeing that brown truck pull up in the next couple of weeks!

Hear hear. Couldn't have put it better myself.

No pressure Sal , this better not be a turkey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.