Subject: Stand Fast - can I move? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Maguire
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Acolyte card Stand Fast gives +1D10 to attacks and -1TN to courage tests to other heroes on the tile. It can only be used if the Acolyte uses 0 MP.

Let's say I start the hero cycle by using this card. Other heroes on the tile make their attacks and get the bonus from this card. Later in the HC there are no more attacks to be made and no reason to keep "standing fast" - can the Acolyte now move or is he bolted to this one square until the HC ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He cannot move. When you play the card you are supposed to take into account future movement. In this case, when you play that card with those bonuses, you're saying you won't move for the rest of the HC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is a commitment for the HC, it is valid for Yes/no option but with bonuses too. If you decide to roll the nice +2d10 for not moving you can't forget it after that.

Since you can be interrupted with a lot of things (other players, multiple darkness cycle) i find it easier to put a counter to the line i used to be sure i don't forget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question in another thread but it sort of died. So, I’ll post it here since it’s on topic.

I'm still a little shaky on aggressive movement since this comes via card play. So, let's say I play "The Mountain Crumbles" and I gain the normal movement bonus of +1FD after moving 2 spaces. Can I still play my "Hustle" card which grants +2MP? I assume I can because it would be a pointless card otherwise--since you can move 2MP normally. But, I don't understand WHY I can use that card. I just don't understand the rule. Furthermore, the "Hustle" card has a "Yes" for stationary and cautionary. Does that mean I can chain a "Hustle" for extra MP after a stationary movement (using a stationary bonus)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. That makes more sense. I’m finally piecing together how movement works. The one lingering question then is why does the “Hustle” card contain movement icons for stationary, cautious, and normal. I think that’s where part of my confusion is coming from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bucketeyo wrote:
Okay. That makes more sense. I’m finally piecing together how movement works. The one lingering question then is why does the “Hustle” card contain movement icons for stationary, cautious, and normal. I think that’s where part of my confusion is coming from.

It's a little odd, but they probably did it for consistency. Yes, if you are using it you are automatically committing to aggressive movement so none of the other circles should matter. Of course, there could always be new rules about aggressive movement cards that we don't know about in future expansions/heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.