Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All! I have a copy of this that a friend would like to purchase. None are listed on BGG and the completed ones on eBay are not much help. One
with no box sold for $8.35, the other failed to sell for $135!

Mine is complete, contents in good shape, box is present but pretty badly beaten. Holding together and does hold the contents and that's about it.

Any thoughts on going rate for this? I'm not asking for offers here.
Just need some insight as to a fair price.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. Now that there's a very nice PnP version available I expect these aren't going for as much as they used to.

With a badly beaten box, that will probably affect price significantly. Most that would be interested will be collectors that rather buy near mint copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
box is present but pretty badly beaten

So typical of the Dwarfstar line. As Scott said, the PDF's are publicly available so the only driving interest in spending more than it takes to P&P one would be collectors looking for an original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have watched several sell on ebay the last couple of years and they went from about $35-$50 depending on condition. Like the others said the awesome PnP version is hard to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone! Did not know about the PnP. I will let my friend know about it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
If he's a good friend, I would suggest $25, maybe less. Not so good a friend, try to get $50 out of him.

About once a year I'll go through the completed listings on ebay for all of my games just to see what the going prices are. Barbarian Prince rarely shows up and it ranged from $35 to $80 up until 2003. I only noted one sale after 2003 and that was for $36 in Feb 2010. With the availability of the print-n-play version, the demand really went down for seven of the Dwarfstar games.

The $135 listing looks like it was from Noble Knight Games. They will tend to list their games much higher than the going rate to satisfy impulsive buyers or those of us who just really need that last little "something" to complete a collection. I'm glad they're around for when I need them, I just haven't needed them yet.

On a personal note, I paid $52 for this in July of 2001 and I'm still happy about it. Those eight Dwarfstar games look fantastic on my shelf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that drop in sales from 2003 is interesting.

April 10 2004 saw the announcement of the limited free availability and hosting on the dwarfstar brainic site.

Now that was a great day, BP 'rerelesed' and a nice day out at an Isle of Wight nature park with the kids.

Shame I had to wait another week to get home and check the new site out.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Quote:
box is present but pretty badly beaten

So typical of the Dwarfstar line. As Scott said, the PDF's are publicly available so the only driving interest in spending more than it takes to P&P one would be collectors looking for an original.

My box didn't survive the last move, just to flimsy, neither did the BP figure make to the new house. I keep hoping beyond hope to one day stumble across it in a long forgotten box up in the attic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GodRob...your assumption about Noble Knight is a good one!

Thanks again for all the help, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.