Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reading Boardgames Social would like to invite you to two days a day of gaming in celebration of International TableTop day.

On Saturday 5th April we will be holding an all day (12-11 pm) gaming event along with the RUCC Gamers at the RUCC (www.rucc.org.uk).
While The Reading Boardgames Social has been going for less than a year these guys have been meeting every Thursday for 25 years! Serious respectthumbsup

Mundane details are in Games Without Frontiers: Table Top weekend (part one) - Saturday 5th April but the important stuff is:
A games bring and buy - get rid of that old rubbish/much sought after classic and find the perfect game to complete your collection at the same time.
Demo corner, where you can get to play games before release.
Souvenir Programme Brochure Leaflet Folded Piece of Paper for all attendees, containing a directory of all 'local' games groups*
Well-stocked bar open all day. Soft drinks and tea & coffee are also available.
Food available from 2 pm -8 pm.
Grand National will be shown live in bar area.
Parking spaces:16 available at the rear of the building.
Children will be welcome tolerated

You can read about our last trip to the RUCC on my blog here: And as Uncle Stuart Hall used to say....

PLUS
We'll be hosting our own event on Sunday 6th April

Due to circumstances beyond our control
the SUNDAY event will no longer go ahead
Sorry for any inconvenience.

All Saturday activities will go ahead as specified.

Any questions are welcome here or in the threads in The Reading Boardgames Social.

Hope to see you there.

I should also point out that
eclectic games
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
will be holding their own event on the Saturday, which I believe runs until 6 pm. They're nice people, Reading's FLGS and well worth calling into. On the way to our event, of course whistle

*If this sounds like you then please get in touch with full details so I can include you.

Thanks also to the members of Broad Street Gamers for their help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Games Without Frontiers: International TableTop weekend in Reading (5th - 6th April)
Can now confirm that the Saturday event will have Real Ale.

The Sunday event will have lots of Real Ale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Games Without Frontiers: International TableTop weekend in Reading (5th - 6th April)
Due to circumstances beyond our control the Sunday event on the 6th will no longer go ahead.

The main event on Saturday 5th April will continue as advertised and is looking like it's going to be a great day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're looking good for Saturday, people.

I'm looking forward to seeing:
Escape: The Curse of the Temple - we're planning simultaneous play with > 1 set so anyone with a set bring it along.

Terror in Meeple City - Double set for a ridiculous amount of monster related fun

Eclipse - Maybe not the big 6/8 player but a great looking game nevertheless

Space Cadets: Dice Duel - Captains required for this dice duel in space

Space Cadets - Older brother of the above. Less dice. No less mayhem.

A couple of hints for the proud owners of:
Francis Drake - beautiful looking game which seems surprisingly accessible

Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia - Maybe... Just maybe, this will be the day I get to play this?

Terra Mystica - deserved BGG GOTY. Not scratched this itch for a while

Keyflower - my GOTY. Now rising to it's deserved place in the BGG Top 50

The Resistance: Avalon - most played game at our regular sessions so it has to make an appearance here

Demo corner is likely to feature:
Mazemaster and two games too new to make it to the database yet:
Frankenstein's Bodies (already demoed at one of our Tuesday sessions)
Waggle Dance (from the team who brought you Cornish Smuggler).

Plenty of other stuff. It looks like Paul's got a truck load of fun games and Dave will probably have his collection of 'every leading worker placement game from the last 3 years'.

Man, It's going to be a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what a day.
Considering the group has been going less than a year to get about 90 people along to this was amazing.

Massive thanks to Peter and everyone at www.rucc.org.uk for a great venue (with top food, proper beer and 'interesting' vodkas), everyone who gave their time to help with organisation and things on the day and everyone who came along, played some games and added to a fantastic atmosphere.
Everyone just seemed to dive on in and played like they had known each other for years. Simply fantastic.

Lots of pics and people saying nice things over on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/Boardgamessocial/.

Seeing as we maxed out the venue not sure what we'll be doing next but keep an eye on The Reading Boardgames Social to find out or, even better, start coming along to our regular sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And nearly forgot:
The Directory of 'local' Games Groups will be maintained in the files section of the facebook page as a resource for any gamers in and around the area:www.facebook.com/groups/Boardgamessocial/
If you are on there and anything changes then let us know.
If you're not on there and you would like to be then let us know and we will make it so!

Area covered includes: Newbury, Oxford, Maidenhead, Staines, Woking, Guildford, Aldershot, Basingstoke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad it went well for you Daryl Hopefully I'll make the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob RN wrote:
Glad it went well for you Daryl Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Hopefully I'll see you before then Rob. Thanks for the support.

I've done a write up at Games Without Frontiers (part deux): International TableTop day 2014 if anyone wants the view of the day through the bottom of a glass, or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.