8 Posts

Djarhun» Forums » General

Subject: New black & white version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bojar tom
msg tools
mb
What is the difference between black and white ver. and the 4th anniversary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WORELOF PENDRAGON
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is the same in both versions, but the 4th edition looks more like a professional board game.With the art.If you are making this GREAT game.I would suggest printing the 4th edition.I did and yes i had to buy a couple of cartridges,but if you like rpgs with a talisman flavor this is it.Better than some games i have bought.Play mechanics wise the games are the same.This is the talisman i wish they had made.Hope that helps>if you got anymore questions feel free to geek mail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
tom6669 wrote:
What is the difference between black and white ver. and the 4th anniversary?

Just the art as far as I've ever determined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mage in Black
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That is correct. They are the same game. For anyone who didn't notice, I used a ton of art by finding it on Google Image searches. This was before I was educated on the ethics of copyright. Due to NONE of the images belonging to me (nor public domain), I made this "what people would call uglier" version. It just uses some public domain images and I made it completely black and white to keep those printing it in a cheaper state of ink.

I obviously have the full blown color version for myself...and I love the hell out of it. It just isn't legal for me to provide such a version. Now I guess there are color versions floating around out there...and I say "Oh well". devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bojar tom
msg tools
mb
Will there ever be a new expansion to Djarhun? Some new quest cards for Aldun, Durach, Frostburn excluding Foes cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mage in Black
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
tom6669 wrote:
Will there ever be a new expansion to Djarhun? Some new quest cards for Aldun, Durach, Frostburn excluding Foes cards?

Not from me. I actually am onto other things now (or have been for years since the Prophecy was my final expansion) and I have to say that the game is ginormous already. The Prophecy expansion was my last tribute to the game as I wanted to randomize the ending of the game by choosing prophecies for what to do with the book. If you own Talisman 2e though, get the conversion rules and you can have one giant mega epic Djarhun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bojar tom
msg tools
mb
Yes, it's a huge amazing game, but I think about expansion based on the Reaper from Talisman. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mage in Black
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Someone else made the Goblin Invasion expansion. I cleaned it up a bit but the work was done by someone else. That was an expansion that simply added cards to the game. Prophecy is another example of an expansion that just added cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.