Subject: Confused by update #16 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anybody help me understand what this list means exactly? It looks like a list of heroes (MERCS?) for each faction. Some are unlocked stretch goals, some are locked stretch goals, some are "new miniatures", some are "alternate pose", etc. I guess I'm curious which of these comes in which box and/or add-on pack?

MegaCon Breakdowns

CCC
Leader (alternate pose)
Breacher
Incinerator
Demo
Gunner (new miniature)
Medic (alternate pose) – SG Unlocked
Heavy – SG Locked

EU, Inc
Leader (new miniature)
Sergeant (new miniature)
Analyst (new miniature)
Medic (new miniature)
Shock Trooper (new miniature)
Demo (new miniature) - SG Unlocked
Monkeywrench (new miniature) – SG Locked

KemVar
Leader (alternate pose)
Assassin
Engineer (new miniature)
Heavy
Shock Trooper
Spy (new miniature) – SG Unlocked
Monkeywrench – SG Locked

Keizai Waza
Daimyo
Pathfinder (alternate pose)
Spy
Monkeywrench (new miniature)
Heavy Hybrid
Booster (new miniature) – SG Unlocked
Demo – SG Locked

Sefadu (Mission Pack)
Leader (alternate pose)
Gunner
Demo
Pathfinder (new miniature)
Engineer (new miniature)
??? - Unrevealed

Texico
Leader
Demo (alternate pose)
Jaguar
Marshal
Ranger (new miniature)
??? - Unrevealed

House 4 – Locked
Steward
Housemember
Engineer
Sapper (new miniature)
Survivalist (new miniature)
Priest - SG Locked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sumit K
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People can correct me if I am wrong.

If something says alternate pose, this means that currently Mercs is selling this miniature/character in some starter kit and the model will be an alternate pose of the same character.

New Miniature means this character is not being sold currently and will be new in the kickstarter.

No text means it is the same as the original starter kit for the Mercs Tabletop game.

SG Unlocked means it is a stretch goal that we unlocked already.

SG Locked means it is a stretch goal that has not yet being unlocked (I believe this is the 315k and 330k stretch goals)

??? is unrevealed miniatures, probably some stretch goal that we will unlock to add extra to addons that we have to purchase..lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct. I would also add that the big difference is they are are metal now. With the Recon KS they become plastics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
They become plastic and much cheaper. Starter kit are expansive, you only get 6 mini for 65$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:
They become plastic and much cheaper. Starter kit are expansive, you only get 6 mini for 65$.

To be fair, you also get dice and the player cards. Online retailers offer these starter sets in the $48 - $51 range. Miniature gamers will tell you this is quite a deal compared to other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So just to be clear ... if I had a CCC Incinerator miniature today, it will match the Incinerator that comes with the KS. Only differece is the one I have is metal - same sizes, poses, bases, everything... correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
So just to be clear ... if I had a CCC Incinerator miniature today, it will match the Incinerator that comes with the KS. Only differece is the one I have is metal - same sizes, poses, bases, everything... correct?

Same size and pose [Assuming it isn't the version where she's not in her armour]. Details might be slightly different due to the difference in material.

They haven't actually said they are coming on separate 30mm round lipped bases but they are likely to be coming with either 30mm bases or bases that will fit into the top of one of those, since they are intended to be used to play the skirmish game and the base size matters for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:

Its also all you need to field your force with choices. You don't need extra packs or blisters or boxes to build your army. Also, if you order from MERCS, they add in the seventh mini (recently released for all factions) for free. So...yeah. That's a hell of a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:
This is correct. I would also add that the big difference is they are are metal now. With the Recon KS they become plastics.

Are the traditional MERCS minis (the ones you are selling now) going to move towards plastic or remain as metal in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, is the list I posted in the OP the complete list of every MERC team member that you sell today (and then some)? Or are there MERCS that can be used in the tabletop game that won't make it to the board game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Or are there MERCS that can be used in the tabletop game that won't make it to the board game?

They haven't said either way yet, but the tabletop MERCS that seem to be missing from Recon are the snipers - not sure how useful they'd be on a mission designed for quick infiltration and extraction.

Unless they create some type of alternate kit for snipers in Recon, you'd still need to pick one up somehow to have a balanced squad for the tabletop game. It wouldn't surprise me to see plastic model snipers unlocked as part of stretch goals or add-ons.

While it is undoubtedly a large investment, the $200 pledge has the potential to be quite valuable if you have any interest in the tabletop game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Load wrote:
kirkbauer wrote:
Or are there MERCS that can be used in the tabletop game that won't make it to the board game?

They haven't said either way yet, but the tabletop MERCS that seem to be missing from Recon are the snipers - not sure how useful they'd be on a mission designed for quick infiltration and extraction.

In theory, you would have your sniper/marksman where he could either cover avenues of approach into the building to prevent reinforcements from coming in, where he could cover your exfiltration route to slow pursuit, or where he had LOS into the target area/building/room and he could cap threats to the clearing force. He would also be calling in intel on the target and the surrounding area.

How you work that into this game is the issue. The sniper/marksman would almost have to be an off board asset perhaps able to influence one side of the building with fires and/or revealing 'blips'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the snipers in MERCS (TT) aren't actually snipers in the sense of one shot, one kill.

The CCC sniper's rifle is, but it can only be fired every other round.

Kem Var sniper's rifle isn't very powerful. Instead it basically fires a big magnet at its target. Her rounds are all set to reverse polarity, so when 2 enemy MERCS have been tagged, they get pushed away from each other. So say you tag a heavy gunner and a medic, the medic can no longer get close enough to heal the gunner. Also, if they get pushed apart when the 2nd tag lands, the targets can take damage from being thrown into walls or pushed off buildings, ledges, etc. She can also fire every turn.

The USCR's sniper fires an anchor that holds its target in place. ISS's sniper has a light dmg round that pushes the target backwards 1 card length. KWaza's sniper rifle ignores a level of terrain and can even shoot thru full cover (like someone behind a wall).

I would expect that these abilities would somehow be incorporated into Recon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
Most of the snipers in MERCS (TT) aren't actually snipers in the sense of one shot, one kill.

The CCC sniper's rifle is, but it can only be fired every other round.

Kem Var sniper's rifle isn't very powerful. Instead it basically fires a big magnet at its target. Her rounds are all set to reverse polarity, so when 2 enemy MERCS have been tagged, they get pushed away from each other. So say you tag a heavy gunner and a medic, the medic can no longer get close enough to heal the gunner. Also, if they get pushed apart when the 2nd tag lands, the targets can take damage from being thrown into walls or pushed off buildings, ledges, etc. She can also fire every turn.

The USCR's sniper fires an anchor that holds its target in place. ISS's sniper has a light dmg round that pushes the target backwards 1 card length. KWaza's sniper rifle ignores a level of terrain and can even shoot thru full cover (like someone behind a wall).

I would expect that these abilities would somehow be incorporated into Recon.

The KemVar sniper can fire normal rounds that deal damage as well as repulsor tags. The normal rounds are every other and the tags are every round but you can alternate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.