Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, loving this game at the moment with everything mixed in with all the Jambo cards.

If I combine all the ware tokens from each set, there are a total of 14 of each kind. Should I stick with 8 of each kind that just came with Asante, use 6 as per the Jambo rules or 14 from both sets?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played like this one time and decided to go with all the rules from Asante. So no two gold payment if you use your sixth market space and also play with the number of wares that came in the Asante box.

I would take 8 wares over 6 wares because there are now some cards added that let you buy 4 wares of the same type at once. With just the 6 wares of a type in Jambo that would maybe be to scarce. If you take al 14 it's almost impossible to run out of a type of wares and I don't think that's intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roel, cheers. This was kind of what I was thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
r56ygf wrote:
I played like this one time and decided to go with all the rules from Asante. So no two gold payment if you use your sixth market space and also play with the number of wares that came in the Asante box.

Are you still using the extra stall cards from Jambo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I did, so the 2 gold rule is discussable. It would be nice if there were some official answers about how to play with both games combined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Otomakan wrote:
r56ygf wrote:

Are you still using the extra stall cards from Jambo?

Yes, not sure whether these should be kept in the deck when the sixth spot is free......?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Any update on how well the two combine?

Off hand, you really would just need to figure out if you want to use the small stall cards and the 2 gold for filling up the 6th spot or not.

Pretty much everything else should work fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Huomo
Finland
flag msg tools
I use the following rules:

- Take small market places aside
- Combine both decks
- Use Asante holy places
- Use Jambo rule on market place: sixth place costs 2 gold
- Use custom rule on small market places: can be bought on your own turn 6/3 gold AND one action

Players don't need to keep looking for market places from the deck, but can instead buy them anytime. The first buying has the disadvantage of paying more. Despite using the 2 gold rule, I use Asante cardboard market places.

Me and my buddies have won buying market place first, buying them second and without buying them at all (and paying 2 gold once or twice during gameplay).

There are a few cards which have a little difficulties combining the two:
One of them is "Nomad" (from asante), which gets rid of your own wares and clones the ones opponent has. We have house ruled the card so that you can't use it if the opponent has more than 6 wares and you don't have a small market place.

Another thing is that there's almost never really any need to buy more than 1 small market place, since Asante has ware cards from 1-4, which are easier to use than when Jambo has only 3's and 6's. So now the game has few spare small market places.

I also use the Asante ware token counts (8 each).

I enjoy the combination of Asante/Jambo, and do not really stress about card balance between the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have people combined Asante in addition to Jambo, Jambo Ex 1, and Jambo Ex 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you use any rule changes or have to balance the deck at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, just play with everything you have and it will work out fine. You only have to decide if you use the rule where you pay 2 gold for filling up your last space in the marketstand or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
A bit off topic perhaps, but do you only use one pair of big market stands (one for each player) when combining Jambo with Asante? Playing with both pairs could give you some more space for the wares, but I guess it's not the way it's supposed to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely only use 1 big market stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.