Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been covered in another thread. I spent a while looking and didn't find anything. Does anyone have any insight into what the scope of retail distribution for this game is going to be? I'm interested to know whether it will be FLGS/online availability only, or whether it will also be available in big brick-and-mortar stores like Target and Walmart. I'll order my initial salvo of supplies from my FLGS, but the odds of me buying future boosters for this game dramatically increase if I can just grab a couple whenever I check out at Target. I figure others are probably in the same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know the same thing for the UK as at the moment it only seems to be available to pre-order from 13th floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Diehl
United States
Junction City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
The eerie war chant emanating from the morning fog set chills down every spine. "Lah, lah, la lah, lah, lah."
mbmbmbmbmb
How much I get into this game also depends on this. If I can grab a handful of boosters each time I run to the store, I'll be buying a lot more of this game than if it is only at game stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that Toys R Us will be stocking Dicemasters when it reaches our shores. Whenever that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and put in my pre-order weeks ago. I am not going to leave this to chance as this will be HOT when it hits the market. Take dice, Marvel, easy to play but yet a game that has enough depth with all of the characters, the price point, mix them together and you have a game that people will be willing to try. If the gameplay is solid and fun, this is going to be a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibar01 wrote:
I can confirm that Toys R Us will be stocking Dicemasters when it reaches our shores. Whenever that is.

Oooh, interesting, I drive past a Toys R Us on the way to/from work :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwiser wrote:
I went ahead and put in my pre-order weeks ago. I am not going to leave this to chance as this will be HOT when it hits the market. Take dice, Marvel, easy to play but yet a game that has enough depth with all of the characters, the price point, mix them together and you have a game that people will be willing to try. If the gameplay is solid and fun, this is going to be a hit.

I could not agree more.

As to the original question. Mike Elliott had stated in a previous post, ".. We felt the collectible model for this one gave it the best chance of getting wider distribution and appealing to a larger audience, ...". I have seen Wizkids products in big box stores and it looks like it will be that way with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwiser wrote:

Oh, I agree 100%. I'll preorder a few starter boxes and boosters. I'm just wondering a little further down the line after the mad rush wears off. My FLGS is like 40 minutes away, so I'm much more likely to keep buying into the future if I can get it alongside Pokemon, etc.
at the Target a mile from my house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
I'd like to know the same thing for the UK as at the moment it only seems to be available to pre-order from 13th floor.

Esdevium are bringing it to UK as always for general hobby shop retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibar01 wrote:

Cool. Know about any other big-name stores carrying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer kicked up a hornets nest defending the collectible nature of the game with the blind buy model using accessibility to the mass market stores as his rationale. So I would hope that if that was their main reason going with this distribution model, there better be agreements to carry this product in other big box and mass market retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Knudsen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
mb
Rindel wrote:

365games.co.uk also seem to be doing preorders, though I have never used them before(they caught my eye because of their 1£ shipping to EU).
http://www.365games.co.uk/search/marvel+dice+masters/sort-re...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not personally, with Esdevium distributing in the UK I know that they supply Smith's and many of the big highstreet stores that stock CCG's so potentially it could make it to many places.

I suppose it all demands on how much stock is made available to UK market. And who shouts the loudest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully expect to see this game in Target and Walmart in the collectible games sections (where Magic is sold).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
I fully expect to see this game in Target and Walmart in the collectible games sections (where Magic is sold).

It might take them awhile to get there. Tom Vasel of the Dice Tower Tweeted "WizKids has sold out of Marvel Dicemasters, second print run on the way."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
orange_rhino wrote:

It might take them awhile to get there. Tom Vasel of the Dice Tower Tweeted "WizKids has sold out of Marvel Dicemasters, second print run on the way."

How do you know they already didn't order? Wizkids wanted this to go mass market so I'd be shocked if they haven't already sold to mass market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
StyxParadox wrote:
orange_rhino wrote:

How do you know they already didn't order? Wizkids wanted this to go mass market so I'd be shocked if they haven't already sold to mass market.

You are right, I don't know. That is why I said "might". I really depends on factors to which we have no knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has this gone wide yet [in Canada specifically]? I'm out where there's no FLGS and I'm trying to pick up a starter set for my nephews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about Canada specifically, but here in the US, Dicemasters is now available in big box stores like Walmart and Target. Not the AvX set, but it's pretty easy to find the Uncanny X-men set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for them I'd be interested in any set.. even that YuGiOh set that's on sale today for $10.

I'll check WalMart Canada and Target Can--- [oh wait. RIP Target]'s websites and see what i can find. thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also widely available online now. The DC Justice League set just came out a couple weeks ago if you like DC better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wolfkin wrote:
for them I'd be interested in any set.. even that YuGiOh set that's on sale today for $10.

Ooo grabbed a Yugioh gravity feed for under $47 including shipping to US thanks to the current conversion rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
It's also widely available online now. The DC Justice League set just came out a couple weeks ago if you like DC better
Yeah i bought the DC Starter set myself from 401Games which to my checking is the best prices online or off in Toronto. Problem is this is for my nephews out in Pickering, Ontario. Which locals will tell you is not within reachable distance for a teenager. Far as I can tell there are no local board game stores in their area. I asked them to take me to "their comic book store" but it turned out to just be a kiosk in the mall. I'm hoping that when Dice Masters hits stores like Wal-Mart in Canada then I can point them there and maybe get them into some designer games of their own start their own little mini library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.