Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
111 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Stormy Waters - VASSAL on Forums #1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Akachi felt like she'd been training for this her entire life. But learning is learning. This was the real thing. It was time to put her books aside and see if she was as strong as she believed she was. She wondered how many others in this out-of-the way town were as aware as she was about what dangers lurked just beyond the sight of normal men...

Roll for first player: 1d6 = (4) = 4
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 520333. Odysseus3
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 am
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As a soldier in the O'Bannion gang, Michael didn't really believe in all this voodoo mumbo jumbo around town. Or at least, he didn't until the night of the Foreman job, when he saw Fast Louie Farrell pulled screaming into the river by a scaly green creature. As they say, seeing is believing and Michael is starting to believe.

Now, he has gathered his belongings together in the room that he rents at Ma's Boarding House. Louie was a friend of his, and he won't rest until he finds out what's happening in this town and avenges his buddy


1d6 = (3) = 3

(not sure the dice roll thing worked so can someone please roll for me, please and thank you..)

edit- never mind.. looks like it worked.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 520331. tikitack
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:49 am
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Library had always been a place of sanctuary for Daisy. Until the night something wicked and slimy had brushed her mind and negligently tossed her body out of Its path on the way to wreak havoc.

Daisy knew then all the knowledge she had amassed must be used to help others destroy the ancient evil....


Roll for first player: 1d6 = (6) = 6
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 520337. Odysseus3
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:02 am
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It would help to know where the first gate and monster are located (to determine my starting Speed/Sneak). I can do it without that knowledge if I have to.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ah... interesting... we've missed that in all our plays... LOL. Okay... here is my set-up (Kat's will come later).

Akachi Skill Sliders
Speed/Sneak: 3/3
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 4/1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daisy Skill Sliders
Speed/Sneak: 4/1
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 5/1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the Visage tokens: How many of the tokens have the "Devoured" icon on the back? I assume that it is only 1 (out of the 8). Is that right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Skill Sliders
Speed/Sneak: 4/2
Fight/Will: 4/3
Lore/Luck: 2/1

Sorry folks... Always late to the party...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since no one else can pass the Luck check, shall we move on? Are we ready for the first turn?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay the...
So what is everyone thinking? I only need 4 clues to seal gates (a BIG thing). I can reach the Historical Society in 3 moves to pick up the two clues there... OR... I could move 3 to the Science Building and get 3 clues (the one there, plus 2 for turning in my gate trophy). However, I am a little leery of triggering the Visage check (a 1 in 8 chance of being devoured on turn 1!). But when we lose the game... it is usually because we don't close/seal gates fast enough. I can get into the first gate on Turn 2 (with the clues necessary to seal it).

What does everyone think? What's the group thinking right now?

BTW, can you report what the gate and monster draw was? I think it is a Dimensional Shambler and a gate to R'yleh. Is that right? Just was to make sure I have all the stats right.

[edit -- last question]
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KAT -- My plan is to move to Silver Twilight Lodge and pick up the clue there this turn. Next turn, I'll move to the Witch's House, get the clue there, and then read one of my books.

Any comments?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Akachi -- Turn 1 orders
Walking out of the shop in the Uptown district, I am assured by my recently acquired information. The shop owner said that I should visit the university. Supposedly, some people in the science department had information about these otherworldly goings on.

The trip to the campus was uneventful and soon I found myself wandering the halls of the eerily quiet Science building. A particular door caught my attention. It was labeled with a professor's name that meant nothing to me. However, scratched into the wooden service, scarring the paint, was the familiar shape of the Elder Sign.

I tried the door and it was unlocked! Inside the small office was a wealth of documents and notes about the netherworlds that I had been trained to deal with! With this information, I felt prepared to take on another of the mystical gates.

The sun was setting low in the sky. Had I spent all day here? It was time to get into action....


Upkeep Phase = Nothing to do.
Movement Phase = --> Uptown streets --> Miskatonic University streets --> Science building. Acquire waiting clue token.
Arkham Encounters = Trade gate trophy for two clue tokens. Draw a visage token (with crossed fingers)


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please bear with me... I spent all night trying to get VASSAL working. (Which I think I finally did but had to retire before fully checking it out)

What I can see for now, I think I might head over into the woods and deal with that Shambler...

Any thoughts?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tikitack wrote:
What I can see for now, I think I might head over into the woods and deal with that Shambler...

Any thoughts?


If you head to the woods right now, you will be pulled through the gate. Are you prepared to spend two turns in R'yleh? You have a lot of money. You could head to the General Store (or Curiosity Shop eventually) and spend your money equipping up. That gives the Shambler a turn or two to leave the woods so you can kill it in the streets (you are a monster killing machine! LOL).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:
tikitack wrote:
What I can see for now, I think I might head over into the woods and deal with that Shambler...

Any thoughts?


If you head to the woods right now, you will be pulled through the gate. Are you prepared to spend two turns in R'yleh? You have a lot of money. You could head to the General Store (or Curiosity Shop eventually) and spend your money equipping up. That gives the Shambler a turn or two to leave the woods so you can kill it in the streets (you are a monster killing machine! LOL).


Good point... I didn't see there was a gate there... Been awhile since I played.. Busting out the rules for my bedside reading tonight.

Alrighty then... off to the Curio Shop then to find some goodies... Will enter my official turn later..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Curiosity Shoppe is more than one turn's movement away (total of 6 moves to get there). The General Store is closer (4 moves). Or you can stop by somewhere in the Merchant District (4 moves-to pick up one of the clues there) on your way to the Curiosity Shoppe. It looks like Daisy will be taking the clues in the French Hill district.

Just laying out the possible options. It shouldn't be too long before that Shambler is out walking the streets. Then you should be able to shred him pretty good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael - Turn 1

"Well, if I'm going to get into it, I better get outfitted. This ain't gonna be no ordinary day in the business.." Checking his wallet and pack, Michael locks his room door and heads to the lobby. Flicks a nod to the clerk and heads out the door. A brisk, uneventful stroll through the streets and to the door of the General Store. Pushing the door open a little bell tinkles faintly above to announce his arrival. "Well now, lets see what goodies we can have here...

Movement - Southside - French Hill - Rivertown - General Store
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat's turn is forthcoming. Be posted this evening.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[--from Kat--]

Daisy Walker - Turn 1
In the aftermath of Its passing ("I will not give It the power of a name," thought Daisy) came the knowledge of where she must go to gain more information. On her way to the Silver Twilight Lodge, Daisy passed a dusky-skinned woman tingling with power. "It is not yet our time to meet," whispered Daisy's subconscious as she continued on her way.

Upkeep: No change
Movement: --> Miskatonic University Streets, --> French Hill Streets, --> Silver Twilight Lodge; Pick up clue token
Arkham Encounters: standard encounter at Silver Twilight Lodge
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



Daisy Walker - Turn 1 (Arkham Encounter)

[--That is exactly the encounter I was hoping for! LOL --]

Arkham Encounter: Pay $3 and join the Lodge.

[edit - banner]
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael McGlen - General Store

Eying the array of items in the shop, Micheal's attention is taken by a finely woven cloak. It feels good when he puts it on for size, "Yeah, this is real nice." Micheal says. All set he takes it to the counter to pay up. As he digs through his pocket for the cash he notices a finely ornate cross in the display. Not ever having been much of a religious type he is still captivated by it. "Well," Michael says, "now's as good a time as any to start praying.. Sorry my good shopkeep, I've changed my mind, I'll take the cross."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about your computer! Hope it is feeling better now. LOL.

We are all up for moving to the Mythos phase. Strategy-wise, I think you are right about the Find Gate spell. That would be good for me! BTW, I just purchased Innsmouth... found a copy at Hastings for normal retail price (woohoo!).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:
BTW, I just purchased Innsmouth... found a copy at Hastings for normal retail price (woohoo!).


GAH!!! I've been on the prowl for it too! Nuthin nowhere, unless it's paid for in blood....

Other than that, yes, let's mosey on to thus Mythos..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Now I feel fully ready to brave one of the other worlds! Steeling myself, I quietly walk from the campus back to the Uptown area. I start down the trail towards the darkened woods. After following the maze of small trails, I find the shimmering portal to R'lyeh. As I approach, a hideous beast rises up from the ground! I can feel the horror almost overwhelm me, but I pull out the Sword of Glory and slice the beast in half. I carefully clean my blade, then step through the portal...

Upkeep = no change on sliders
Movement = --> Miskatonic University Streets, --> Uptown Streets, --> Woods;
Combat = Fight Dimensional Shambler. Horror Check = Will (3) + Skill (1) - Monster Adjustment (2) = 2; 2d6c[5] = (4, 3) = 0; Result = -1 Sanity; Combat Check = Fight (2) + Sword of Glory (6) - Monster Adjustment (2) = 2; 6d6c[5] = (5, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1) = 2; Result = Dimensional Shambler defeated (claim as trophy)
Arkham Encounters = Step through gate to R'lyeh
Other World Encounters = waiting for draw

[--edit for rolls and flavor text --]
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 523881. Odysseus3
  • 2d6c[5] =
  • (4, 3) =
  • 0
  • Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 523883. Odysseus3
  • 6d6c[5] =
  • (5, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1) =
  • 2
  • Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:45 pm
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael - Turn 2

Out on the street a chill comes over Michael. The streets of Arkham are quiet...This doesn't feel right... "I need a drink.. Let's see who's hanging at ol' Hibb's.."

Upkeep = no change on sliders
Movement = Rivertown - Easttown - Hibb's Roadhouse - Pick up clue token

Waiting for encounter
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.