Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
40k card game, now this...

FFG seem to be seriously ramping up their output!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloody dagger is a sexy paint job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The double pilot skill seems a bit powerful, especially at 0 cost, though I like the negative cost Missile upgrade.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that Kyle Katarn as a Crew Member? And Jan Ors? But neither of these ships take crews. Are they adding some kind of new Pilot card? (i.e. have Kyle pilot a Prototype?)

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Now we've seen the rebel aces - does this mean the imperial 'huge' ships are around the corner???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Is that Kyle Katarn as a Crew Member? And Jan Ors? But neither of these ships take crews. Are they adding some kind of new Pilot card? (i.e. have Kyle pilot a Prototype?)

It looks like there's a B-wing modification to add a crew. Bottom row of the fan, to the right of Jan, isn't that a... something else that rhymes with fan and Jan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

-shnar

It looks like the title for the B-Wing adds a Crew slot. I think there were supposed to be B-Wings with two-seat cockpits, so it makes some sense to include new crew cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Actually my biggest excitement is that we FINALLY get the #43 tags for my 43 ship swarm that i've been flying recently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
kowalskie wrote:
Actually my biggest excitement is that we FINALLY get the #43 tags for my 43 ship swarm that i've been flying recently!

AND, i'll be able to hold 28 different target locks without all that confusion too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

It looks like the title for the B-Wing adds a Crew slot. I think there were supposed to be B-Wings with two-seat cockpits, so it makes some sense to include new crew cards.

A B-Wing with a gunner...*shudders*...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

Who needs a Gunner now that we've got Fel in a B-wing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some interesting pilots, for sure.

Jake Ferrell, in the A-Wing, is practically as good as Vader. Of *COURSE* you always focus as an action, because duh, and then you get a boost or barrel roll from it? Yeah, that's pretty much always the two actions you end up taking with Vader, too...

And Keyan Farlander is another pilot that will never hit the table without PtL - he basically gets to use a stress token as a focus token. Nice!

I sure wouldn't mind that Chardaan Refit on my TIE Advanced, though... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

A B-wing with C3-P0!

Also those paint jobs, especially the A-wing, look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bitton
United States
California
flag msg tools
So, is it safe to say that the intention of the Chardaan Refit card is to forgo using the A-wing as a disposable missile delivery system, in exchange for making an A-wing prototype Swarm a viable option.

Also, Keyan Farlander's special ability is...yeah, it's pretty darn good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
J2B1 wrote:
So, is it safe to say that the intention of the Chardaan Refit card is to forgo using the A-wing as a disposable missile delivery system, in exchange for making an A-wing prototype Swarm a viable option.

The Chardaan is going to be awesome on pretty much ANY A-wing, not just for a Swarm. Tycho, Chardaan, Prototype Expert, Push the Limit, and... fill in the blank. Still an expensive ship, but the points break helps a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bitton
United States
California
flag msg tools
Buhallin wrote:
J2B1 wrote:

The Chardaan is going to be awesome on pretty much ANY A-wing, not just for a Swarm. Tycho, Chardaan, Prototype Expert, Push the Limit, and... fill in the blank. Still an expensive ship, but the points break helps a lot.

Oh, no doubt. But my first thought on seeing it was, "Oh, that would make Prototype A-wings just cheap enough to fly 5 of them, plus a named (except Tycho) A-wing pilot." Don't know if that would actually be a competitive list, but it certainly makes things interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hey guys", said the management man, "we're running out of originals so why don't we put some stripes on some old models. The SW addicts will love it and we can love their dollars".
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one that's kind of dissapointed that the B-wing isn't a Y-wing? B's really aren't in need of any love right now but Y's certainly are in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
janglybits wrote:
"Hey guys", said the management man, "we're running out of originals so why don't we put some stripes on some old models. The SW addicts will love it and we can love their dollars".
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Well, it's not like the A-Wings didn't need it DESPERATELY. I have *no* idea what the idea was in having B-Wings in the same pack, though - already one of the strongest fighters in the game, and hooboy, here comes a bunch more options!

Of course, it does mean that the only remaining mainline Rebel fighter that doesn't have at least two SKUs is the Y-Wing. (We have a core-set X-Wing, expansion pack X-Wing, Rebel Transport X-Wing; expansion pack A-Wing, Rebel Aces A-Wing; expansion pack B-Wing, Rebel Aces B-Wing)

Maybe increasing the odds of that 'Battle of Yavin' pack I suggested? It'd get a second Y-Wing SKU out there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is amazing

Yeah, extra crew cards probably point to the B-Wings getting crew (as B-Wing/Es). I can't think of any other reason to put the crew cards in there, except maybe as replacement pilots (that use their cost to replace the pilot skills?).

I haven't used A-Wings much myself beyond Tycho occasionally but from what we see here in the pack, there'll be more incentives to take them. If you don't intend to take missiles why wouldn't you take the Chardaan modification?

And I think folks are overlooking Prototype Veteran. This will give Jake and Arvel now access to Elite Pilot Talents for free. Not sure how much this will help Arvel since it's hard to force collisions, but some help is better than none right? Give him deadeye and find a way to give him focus while he's in collision and he can open fire with those cluster missiles.

Enhanced Scopes is also looking pretty good. Now anything with a systems upgrade slot can avoid the first-contact bumping Academy TIEs like to do so much, and blast them instead when they've tried. It takes up a systems slot but it might be a good thing to use if that TIE swarm is deployed such that Advanced Sensors won't help you.

Lastly I'm pretty sure that missile reads Proton Rocket. If it's anything like how Proton Rockets (also known as Heavy Rockets) work in TIE Fighter, it'll snap large ships in half with one impact but be VERY Tricky to hit anything that's moving. Two of them can comfortably take out a CR-90. I also thought they'd be Torpedo upgrades, considering in the flight sims the only ships to pack these are basically Y-Wings, X-Wings, TIE Bombers, and the occasional TIE Avenger. Huhm. Might be token anti Large/Huge ship weapons but be very tricky to hit. Functions like Ions perhaps, but only with 2 dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You know how impressive Vader's two actions are...?

Put PtL on Will... I mean Jake... Farrell and what do you get? That's right, people. Three actions on a PS7 A-Wing if one of those actions is to focus.

Vader Shmader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:

You know how impressive Vader's two actions are...?

Put PtL on Will... I mean Jake... Farrell and what do you get? That's right, people. Three actions on a PS7 A-Wing if one of those actions is to focus.

Vader Shmader.

Eh, I wouldn't bother with PtL. VI will do him better. It does point to something relatively broken in the system, though.

Jake + VI + Hull Upgrade = 28 pts
Vader + Engine Upgrade = 33 pts

Here you've got two skill 9 ships, attack: 2, evade: 3, hull: 3, shield: 2. Actions of focus, target lock, boost, barrel roll, evade. Each can take two actions a turn (although Vader has SLIGHTLY more flexibility, in that he can take two of ANY of his 5 actions a turn, while Jake can only take two of 3-of-the-most-useful-of-the-5 as his actions).

28 pts vs 33 pts. Oh, but wait - I forgot that Jake can take the Chardaan Refit, too. So it's 26 pts vs 33 pts for identical stats, and practically identical capabilities.

Balanced! Let's ship it, boys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xander wrote:
I will do him better. It does point to something relatively broken in the system, though.

Jake + VI + Hull Upgrade = 28 pts
Vader + Engine Upgrade = 37 pts

Here you've got two skill 9 ships, attack: 2, evade: 3, hull: 3, shield: 2. Actions of focus, target lock, boost, barrel roll, evade. Each can take two actions a turn (although Vader has SLIGHTLY more flexibility, in that he can take two of ANY of his 5 actions a turn, while Jake can only take two of 3-of-the-most-useful-of-the-5 as his actions).

28 pts vs 37 pts. Oh, but wait - I forgot that Jake can take the Chardaan Refit, too. So it's 26 pts vs 37 pts for identical stats, and practically identical capabilities.

Balanced! Let's ship it, boys!

Wow! That does reek of serious imbalance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.