Andreas Artdicted
Greece
Athens
Kallithea
flag msg tools
badge
ΓΙΑ ΤΑ ΚΑΣΚΟΛ ΠΟΥ ΕΧΟΥΝ ΠΑΛΙΩΣΕΙ...ΚΑΙ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΤΡΕΛΑ ΠΟΥ ΠΟΤΕ ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΤΕΛΕΙΩΣΕΙ
mbmbmbmbmb
I am searching for a resource management game in which you build buildings and factories and you convert things to better ones.

The more raw materials you have the better. I would like the player interaction aspect to be minimal, but to exist. I am looking something like Le Havre. I already own Cuba and Puerto Rico and Agricola. I am kind of bored with the shipping thing, where you just produce things to load them in a ship. Need of something else.

I was considering Tinners' Trail. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Homesteaders does exactly what you ask. Build buildings, the more resources the better (in fact, the more expensive ones give you points at the end), etc.

The only direct interaction is the auction (which allows you to buy buildings, so sometimes you're afraid someone will nab a building you wanted).

Fantastic tableau-builder with simple rules but brainburny depth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wealth of Nations is similar, but there's a bit of area control aspect to it as well (I like to play with the War Clouds expansion to add a military conflict to it, but it's fun without too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Goods will be for sale in April, if I recall correctly. I got to try this at a local convention a few weeks ago and I quite enjoyed it.

Everyone is collecting resources and using them to construct buildings that can be used to turn them into different resources and so on. End-game buildings are just worth points. The buildings are all worth points at the end of the game, as are some of the harder-to-get resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower - In this auction tableau builder you produce resources with worker placement and there is a bit of moving pieces around, but that is to get them to the tile that needs to use them instead of 'shipping' them off to the points bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Huter
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roads & Boats

Produce tons resources which are used to build buildings that let you produce other resources needed to build other buildings.

There is shipping/transport of goods, but it's to get the goods to a location for building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antreas1911 wrote:
I am searching for a resource management game in which you build buildings and factories and you convert things to better ones.

The more raw materials you have the better. I would like the player interaction aspect to be minimal, but to exist. I am looking something like Le Havre. I already own Cuba and Puerto Rico and Agricola. I am kind of bored with the shipping thing, where you just produce things to load them in a ship. Need of something else.

I was considering Tinners' Trail. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Tinners' Trail is one of my favorite games. But it's considerably lighter than the other games you list. There's something special about it. The interaction is very present in every decision you make because of the timing element. But it's never a heavy, head-on interaction. So I think it might fit well in terms of the interaction you're looking for. On the shipping issue, there is no shipping in TT, per se. But at the end of each round, you sell your resources for money (no choice here, they just automatically convert to money immediately and you put them back in the bank). Then you immediately go into the VP-converting phase. Here you have the choice to either save your money for future rounds, or buy VPs while you can. Most people might think it's wise to save up and buy after you have a lucrative round. And that would be smart, but the game is smarter. VPs get more expensive each round. So early money gets you more.

It's a great game. And one I would play anytime. But...I'd never consider it a main event for the evening. It's what I call a super-filler; especially once everybody knows it because it goes so fast. But that's why I love it so much. It packs a ton of interesting interactions and decisions into a small time frame. The auctions are really tense.

Other games to consider:

Snowdonia - Snowdonia is fantastic. You're not building buildings. Instead, you're all collectively building a rail line, each trying to do the most work as contractors for the rail company. You place your cubes along the line to mark the things you did and get points for them all in the end. You also grab contract cards during the game that give you a shot-in-the-arm bonus, as well as a way score end-game points. You do all this using a worker-placement, resource-collection system where players are stressing about who is going to do what with their next placement. Great game and no shipping.

Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar - Another great WP game where you're building little monuments along the way with the resources you collect. No shipping, but there is feeding of the people. This one is all about timing those little gears to line up for some very strong turns.

Terra Mystica - For a step up in complexity, look here. No shipping. Just some interesting mechanics (a lot of interesting mechanics), and a very interesting interaction rule on the map. There's also a heavy dose of economic planning in this one. One of my favorites.

Brass: Lancashire - Ahh Brass. Brass is economic bliss. Cotton Mills can sell cotton to the distant market. But don't think this is anything like shipping it away. It requires careful planning and placement. It's just a brilliant game of building up an empire and the interactions in this game are undoubtedly unique. Look into it. Please.

Navegador - Is sailing in the Mediterranean okay? My favorite rondel game. Great subtle interactions and I like the simple-but-deep market system used here.

I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
jbhuter6041 wrote:
Roads & Boats

Produce tons resources which are used to build buildings that let you produce other resources needed to build other buildings.

There is shipping/transport of goods, but it's to get the goods to a location for building.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.