Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Being a fan of both the Star Wars RPG D6 system and the Star Wars Miniatures game by WotC, I recently picked up this rulebook at a used book store. Aside from the official SWMB supplement books and the SWMB yahoo game group (which I have already combed over to some degree), where else can I find more material on this game?

For example, I'm looking for a comprehensive collection of trooper and hero stats beyond what the official books already offer. Has anyone gone so far as to convert all the newer Star Wars Miniatures D20 stats to this older D6 format?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
There really aren't a whole lot more out there any more other than the Yahoo group. There is a Facebook group, but all the members of that are pretty much all members of the Yahoo group, so you aren't likely to find anything new there.

You could try the

http://www.rancorpit.com/
or
http://d6holocron.com

That is a website devoted to WEG D6 Star Wars RPG mostly, but they may have something that will help you out. There are easy conversion rules in the miniatures game so all the RPG supplements are perfectly good for doing conversions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I don't immediately see anything here directly SWMB-related, these are pretty cool sites anyway. Perhaps I will find something I can easily convert from SWRPG. Thanks for the heads up, Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Sjögren
Sweden
Skövde
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
Gå PÅ!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a fan updated rule set called SWMB 3rd edition that contains stats for most of what you need for movies 1-2 + 4-6: http://www.thrashweb.net/SWMBThirdEdition.zip

If you have the d6 RPG source books you should also have just about every stat you need for movie 4-6 to be able to convert it to the SWMB system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Roger. Quite a project there, 390 MBs! Unfortunately, many of the Excel files that contain unit stats don't want to open for some reason. That's too bad.

Concerning the D6 RPG books, yes I have many of those as well. Perhaps I'm not finding the conversion rule in the SWMB rulebooks yet, but what is the conversion factor for skills? For example, does a hero in the D6 RPG with a 14D Lightsaber skill translate to 1D6+14 in SWMB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Sjögren
Sweden
Skövde
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
Gå PÅ!
mbmbmbmbmb
The excel files works on my computer, perhaps it is a security setting or something in your Office version that you can adjust?

Regarding heroes from the RPG there is no conversion, the information on this is on page 65 in the SWMB rulebook and Chapter 12, page 19 in the Third edition rules.

The stats are interchangeble between SWMB and the RPG so if you had 14D in the RPG you have 14D in SWMB. The procedure for using the same skill in SWMB is different than in the RPG though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
They are part of the Hero design rules. They are there so that you can bring your Star Wars RPG heroes into the miniatures game. You are correct, you just convert the number of die in your skill into modifiers in SWMB. Most of the RPG skills aren't in SWMB so you have to drop them.

As for the Excel spreadsheets in the 3rd edition file, I've had no problems opening them and I've opened them in many different versions of Excel. It could be that your download was corrupted. I know it's a huge file, but you could try downloading it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for all of your help and insight.

EDIT: I found one solution to opening the Excel files from the 3rd edition project folder. The file paths were too long (i.e., the Excel files were imbedded into too many folders) so the files would fail to open. I simply dragged these files to my desktop or some higher level folder. That seems to fix the problem.

If anyone has more files to share I would love to see them. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.