Subject: Office Mint Etiquette rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SITUATION! A coworker walks into your cube just after you popped a couple of Altoids into your mouth. What do you do?

Poll
Keep suckin', subjecting your coworker to 5 minutes of mumblemouth, slurping, and mild peppermint odor.
Chew, subjecting your coworker to 1 minute of crunching and intense peppermind order.
Spit it out (e.g., into a tissue), subjecting your coworker to 10 seconds of awkward faux pas.
Swallow that shit!
Stop putting raw onions on your lunch sandwiches.
      92 answers
Poll created by Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Walking into my office is like walking into my home, so you better be on your guard.

I'd eat them like a cow. With any luck they will give up and walk away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6) Offer them an Altoid in that tone of voice that implies, "Dude, you need it. It smells like a skunk died in there."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
This space intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no way I'd give up the onions. They'll just have to deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"peppermind order"? Seriously, I gotta get outta here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Trick co-worker into looking behind him, spit mint over wall into next cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Have them one at a time. They stick to the roof of your mouth. No need to keep suckin', etc. As for the "mild peppermint odor" let them suffer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, this is quite the stressful situation. I think the only reasonable option is seppuku.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm capable of eating mints and talking intelligibly. I also like liverwurst with lots of onion and mustard. Make of that what you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tuck them between my cheek and gum, like a nice piece of chew (or how I imagine folks do pack in chewing tobacco, as I have never partaken). They are largely out of the way until I can retrieve 'em after the conversation is over.

Of course, gum burn will ensue. But, I do this with 'effin Fisherman's Friends original extra strong menthol cough drops, so I must be a masochist or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.