Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you can now order the Artful Dodger directly from Gale Force 9.

http://www.fireflythegame.com/Home.aspx

or

http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I had seen that yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the Artful Dodger and the Big Damn Heroes cards direct from the GF9 store. $12 Aus each and $5 shipping!

That'll kill the eBay secondary scalper market...cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I tried ordering today - it's listed as unavailable now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
EAST OLYMPIA
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just placed an order today for both promos, and it went through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Looking at the store more closely, it's when changing my purchasing region from US to UK that the Dodger switches to Limited Availability, which then tells me it's unavailable when I try and order it. Since it was included in the UK version of the game, they probably don't think many UK customers will need it.

It really sucks to be someone who jumped on a chance to get an imported US copy before I knew about the Dodger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that GF9 has for sale, is it the same thick Cardstock that the other ships are on, or is it the thin paper just like the one that came in the magazine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alton Todd
United States
Ramona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today and the card stock is just like the games card stock. Took just five days to get mine out of MD USA. I'm very happy with the card and ship, however the price was a bit high. Bottom line I got mine quickly and I'm playing with it. So it's all good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent mine to a friend in Germany was looking for one. He's happy, I'm happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jagerfox wrote:
Got mine today and the card stock is just like the games card stock. Took just five days to get mine out of MD USA. I'm very happy with the card and ship, however the price was a bit high. Bottom line I got mine quickly and I'm playing with it. So it's all good.

Perfect, thanks! That's what i needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pratt
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Just admit it already, Small World is not a fantasy wargame...it's a Mancala variant!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Apparently the Artful Dodger and Big Damn Heroes Promo cards are so popular GF9 are repackaging them into a retail-friendly box for sale in shops and online. I'd love it if they included all the other promo cards in there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hutchins
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I really hope they include the other promo cards as I have no interest in the BDH cards and would only be buying to get AD and potentially the other promos. BDH are unbalanced IMHO, although I suppose the other promo cards are flirting with being pretty unbalanced as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pratt
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Just admit it already, Small World is not a fantasy wargame...it's a Mancala variant!
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like they are not combining them into a single new release, they are just releasing them as they were into normal retail channels, except now they cost even more. They're in the new Game Trader catalogue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I received one of the last Artful Dodgers from the last offering, and I can tell that mine was very carefully packaged, with no risk of the gouging issues others have described. The packaging on my order was definitely "over the top"... one hopes that the new commercial packaging solution is adequate without being so wasteful.

I ordered BDH promos at the same time; expect never to use them. Why make the best characters better? If I'd researched them properly, I'd never have ordered them.

(Okay, I might have... that freeking completist gene...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.