Runewars» Forums » General

Subject: What cards to sleeve? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title pretty much says it all.

What cards would you strongly recommend to sleeve, what cards are worth sleeving if the game is played frequently and what cards can easily go without any additional protection?

thx for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just sleeve everything? You don't have enough sleeves?

Fate Card deck definitely, maybe the Order Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
None.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
mbmbmbmbmb
Fate cards would be the only thing that I strongly recommend. I have everything sleeved, but if I were to do it again, I would only sleeve the fate cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Monkey
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fate deck will see significant shuffling and handling throughout the game, by far the most out of any of the decks. I would also highly recommend sleeving the order cards as well because they will be handled every round and could see wear fairly quickly and it's ideal if these cards remain unmarked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMonkey wrote:
The fate deck will see significant shuffling and handling throughout the game, by far the most out of any of the decks. I would also highly recommend sleeving the order cards as well because they will be handled every round and could see wear fairly quickly and it's ideal if these cards remain unmarked.

This is what I did also.

Sadly, my set hasn't seen enough handling to warrant any sleeving at all!

Living in hope...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to sleeve all my cards for my favorite games, so all mine are sleeved. However, if I was only going to sleeve some of them, the ones I'd do are:

- Fate deck (this gets shuffled and handled the most by far)
- Quest deck (partly because the setup quests get shuffled every game, and that subset is small; my experience is smaller decks tend to show more wear when shuffling)
- Tactics Cards (just because I find it easier to shuffle big stacks of small cards with sleeves)

The orders get handled a lot, but you don't really "shuffle" them much, so I don't know if the wear would be too bad.

I also would sleeve my heroes, but partly because I have a whole bunch of custom heroes that I imported from Runebound/Descent 1E, and the way I printed the cards out wouldn't work well if they weren't sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A member of my family has hyperhidrosis, a genetic disorder that results in an overproduction of sweat, especially in the hands and feet. Card sleeves are pretty much a must-have for me.

I'd rank the importance of sleeves as follows:

Fate cards
Season cards
Tactics cards
Order cards
Quest cards
Reward cards
Hero cards
Title cards

Season cards are important because there are so few of them that if one gets marked, the player who cues in on it can have a pretty big advantage, since the likelihood of the marked one seeing play is higher.

I actually think sleeving order cards is more important than quest cards because of how much they are handled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.