Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new edition of Band of Heroes funding period ends in 3 days, but it is currently only 84.4% funded. If anyone passing through here is at all interested in this rather deluxe reprint, you should head over to the funding site and check it out:

http://iwantthisgame.com/index.php/discover/10-table-top-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the funding has closed at 86% funded the question is whether LnL will give the print run the go ahead as they did with Heroes of the Faith which also did not reach full funding. I suspect (hope) they will as this is an excellent game and will surely sell well again, and also is needed for add on modules to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone (from LnL Publishing, I think) has said in their forums that it's going to be printed. My bet is that they will still extend the funding period to get more pre-orders, since there is probably other games to print first. They did this with Ring of Hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wrong. It just became successful. LnL funded the last 14%. I hope this means it's ready to be printed soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob DeSilva
United States
Levittown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a few months ago they announced that this would be shipping soon, but now it has completely disappeared from the website and is no longer listed as a product. It would be nice to know what's going on. I've had this on pre-order for well over a year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I saw somewhere else that David had surgery in July and the recoop time was a little longer than expected. Heroes of the Pacific should get their counters in-house approx 5 weeks from now and then it will ship "soon" (my word, not their's).

All this after some printer issues that I think are now cleared up.

That doesn't answer your question directly, but I hope it provides some insight.

I've not preordered, but am waiting for this because I have several modules in need of it's basic parts. I've got my Eyes on a couple of used copies so that I can play with all the stuff I have.

This transition has been rough. Just makes me glad I don't run a game company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered back in Sept '13. Any official news about when we will receive our game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan garlick
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
So what happened to this game? Is it going to ever be released ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galaril wrote:
So what happened to this game? Is it going to ever be released ?

Yes, an e-mail was recently sent to those who has pre-ordered on the old IWantThisGame site, to transfer their pre-order to the new site. It seems they won't be able to finish all the modules, but I will receive a $45 gift code instead of the Wittmann module. In general, there's lots of new info over at LnLPublishing now. And Heroes of the Pacific has already been shipped. It seems like things are moving, after a transitional period with the new owner etc.

I think they already have the counters, and Heroes of Normandy is one of the next games they are planning to ship. I wouldn't be surprised to see it this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until early 2016 either. I would be surprised if it turned out to be late 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Following their progress lately and it seems they're making efforts to do right by those who pre-ordered. I don't envy their position having to keep track of all that preorder business from the old system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.