BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Flattening a board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Synowiec
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I have a couple of board that are starting to warp a little and one game I got as a gift that is badly warped (it was bought back at the holidays so we can't return it). Any idea on how to fix?

I've been flattening the one really heavily and it doesn't seem to stick at all. I just want my stuff to stay semi-nice, and I understand wear and tear though. Also should I keep my games out of the cold? I keep them in my closet which has a lot of outside walls. Also would contacting the manufacturer help on the one I don't know when it was purchased or from where, I got it a few weeks ago and it just isn't getting too much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's damp rather then cold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't un-warp them then try placing a heavier sheet of plexiglass on top of them while playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try ironing the board and holding it flat (or even curved a bit in the opposite direction) as it cools. If either side is not covered in a glossy waterproof material, try steam ironing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After you put the board down somewhere with something heavy on top of it, wait a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g time before you take the heavy weight off it. I left a game in front of an open window and left the house. It rained while I was gone and everything got wet. I stored all the pieces under a big pile of photo albums for a YEAR! When I took the pieces out, everything was perfectly clean and flat and showed no signs of having been wet. You can't be impatient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard putting soup cans at strategic spots will flatten it, but you gotta leave them on there for days on end, assuming that's enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how its bent, make sure that you put the breadth of the weight on the convex side. This may mean flattening the board with the face down.

You'll want to counter-bend, not just flatten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.