Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
Or i may ask if the MMO RPG WOW is the reason for you to buy the board game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had never played WOW when I bought the game. I still have barely played it at all. I don't like MMO games, but I wanted to experience the phenomenon all the same. This seemed like the perfect way. I love the board game but still in no way want to play the video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played the PC game, and really have no desire to ever do so. I've played the board game several times and enjoy it for the most part, although sometimes it does seem to run a bit long.

The copy I play is technically my brother's, but I'm considering buying it from him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should Scott, and don't forget the expansions.

I am only vaguely familiar with the WoW video games, but never played any of them. I see there are also other WoW influenced board games and card games out there, but those don't seem to appeal to me either.

It's the mechanics more than the theme that I really enjoy from this game. A good friend introduced me to this and I was hooked almost immediately. I really love the character generation aspect that this game offers, and the dice mechanics are really unique for me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Played WoW for about a month to give it a try. Thought it absolutely sucked. Worst thing about it for me, oddly enough, was the extra experience you gain when you've been logged off so you can 'keep up' with your fellow adventurers. I want to EARN my experience, not be handed it. I want to experience my levels, not just zoom through them.

Bought the boardgame, have opened it twice, never played it. Am hoping to fix that this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh
msg tools
I played the video game for several years (countless hours), before a friend of mine introduced me to the board game. I immediately fell in love with the board game because it captures that WoW-setting perfectly among other things. We sometimes have the WoW soundtrack running in the background to further enhance our experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I've never played the PC game, and really have no desire to ever do so. I've played the board game several times and enjoy it for the most part, although sometimes it does seem to run a bit long.

Same for me, I really don´t like these MMORPG´s but the boardgame is a very good game in a very good setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play the pc game for a few years, then got fed up of it (it changed a bit) and the other players who were starting to annoy me. That's what prompted me to buy the boardgame version, to see if I could recapture what I liked about the game (without the extra annoyances).

Pincher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:

LOL, well, truth be told, I actually DID by the Shadows of War expansion during one of FFG's Holiday Sales (I think I paid $5 for it? Maybe $10?)

I would like to get the final one just for completeness sake, although I do worry that it would make the game take EXTRA long (and if I'm going to play a game that takes THAT long, I'd rather play TI3!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Gaius wrote:
I would like to get the final one just for completeness sake, although I do worry that it would make the game take EXTRA long (and if I'm going to play a game that takes THAT long, I'd rather play TI3!)

Yeah, but can you play TI3 with two persons? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, "can" and "should" are two different things But there are some decent 2 player TI3 variants, but that's a good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Buntinx
Belgium
Genk
Limburg
flag msg tools
If my calculations are correct, now would be the perfect time to fling poop.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did play the entire Warcraft series and still play WoW. And for me, it was one of the reasons I bought this boardgame. I doesn't hit the table very often, but everyone I played with did like it very much (and they don't play the videogame).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for those who never played the PC version i can say this :

World of Warcraft the Board Game give you exactly the same feeling of gameplay/character progression as the ORIGINAL World of Warcraft MMO computer game (or as we WOW players call it the 'vanilla wow' version)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.