Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys, I can't help but notice that there hasn't been any Attack Wing related news coming out of GAMA, as far as any of my sources indicate. This seems strange to me, and makes me think there is news, but I'm just not seeing any of it.

If any of you have any word, let's post it here in one forum to keep it all easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Vasel tweeted out about blind draw boosters for the Collective, but it didn't help that the solicits were already posted on another website...

I've been trying to follow #gts2014, that seems to have the most amount of people tweeting various news information on that tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
There was apparently some (though not much) talk of STAW at one of the panels, but not a lot so far. They're currently at the big dinner/keynote, and there's another WizKids session tomorrow, so we may still learn more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One spot I have on Facebook posted a bit more about D&D Attack Wing, but nada about Star Trek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From my friend via Facebook, apparently the sealed format will be 90 points pre-constructed plus an additional 30 points from the blind booster on the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
From my friend via Facebook, apparently the sealed format will be 90 points pre-constructed plus an additional 30 points from the blind booster on the day.

Pics and Blurbs from CritToHit (are they the only ones covering it? )

http://www.crittohit.com/events/gama-trade-show-2014-wizkids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, from the write-up on CritToHit:

Quote:
In that one WizKids will be introducing blind tournament boosters, single ship packs (at standard $14.99 price point) with exclusive content in the form of cards.

Which sounds to me like the ships are not new sculpts and that only the cards are new. (Which still matters, don't get me wrong.)

And yeah, traitorarmor, the only other mention I've seen besides CritToHit is Tom Vasel/Dice Tower, who says he'll post pics after he gets to see the booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wizkids only has one more presentation at 9am, 1.5hrs from now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capnginger wrote:

Which sounds to me like the ships are not new sculpts and that only the cards are new. (Which still matters, don't get me wrong.)

I'd expect to see some of the Dominion War cards find their way into these boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're going to get more than what was posted up on crit to hit talking about the Borg OP and the brick. Weren't many of us asking for alternate ships of the same sculpt with different names? I was more intrigued by looking at the slides of the new Dragons offered with AWD&D. The actual product will look amazing if they are able to pull of anything close to the graphic images (they have yet to prove they can do it), but I thought some of the maneuver cards looked really neat. There's one that can't go faster than a speed 2, and ALL of the speed 2 maneuvers are red with only a Green 1 straight. BUT.. it does have a white all stop. So my question is: will we see a similar type maneuver dial on anything in Attack Wing? I'm trying to think of what kind of ship that would work on.

The D&D game is going to be a tough one to spend money on because of the price points. The MSRP on the Starter is $49.99 and EVERY expansion is going to be $24.99 MSRP. That will help me stick with just STAW. The one thing that I DO like to see with the D&D cards is that it looks like one Dragon (super long name starting with V) is 5/1/6/2 - but 42 SP. There's another (the slow one - Dwarven Ballista)) that is 5/0/4/1 but only 21 SP. That part I really like.

But for Attack Wing and aren't loading up the picture, this is what the slide says.

Star Trek OP Tournament Booster
* For the Collective OP we are launching boosters for instore play.
* Why? Allows stores to make money from the program and gives customers a new way to play.
- $14.99 price point, sold in bricks of 10, flat collation (2 of each of the 5 ships in a brick)
- Optional for the store to buy the bricks
- The ships have content not available anywhere else
- We are recommending semi-sealed play. Players arrive with 90 points.
* 1 random booster and add up to 30 additional points to their fleet.
* Flavor - Admirals don't always get to go to war with the fleet they want, friends and enemies are always changing in the universe.
- Boosters are not to be resold (unless/until the license agreement is amended at the end of the program i.e. Fear Itself).
- If a store's player base hates the idea, you can buy the kit without the boosters.

I would amend my own following bullets (with slight sarcasm)
- We want people to actually open and use these boosters to reduce the amount of people that are just throwing sealed ones up on eBay
- If a store's player base also hates the idea, you can also just buy the brick and hand it out - but then they like to tend to just throw those on eBay so maybe we won't put this as a bullet on the slide. lol.

My one main question from this slide: Will the 30 points all have to come from the booster or can I add in more of my own cards? It's probably going to be recommended that it's from that ship that you blind draw, but then of course it's up to the format set by the TO. Their recommended format will probably drive away from people, but just about any change would do that. I don't like the amount of time that it would add to my overall OP event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capnginger wrote:
Also, from the write-up on CritToHit:

Quote:
In that one WizKids will be introducing blind tournament boosters, single ship packs (at standard $14.99 price point) with exclusive content in the form of cards.

I wonder if that would be more rage inducing or less rage inducing? Maybe Rage neutral?

Quote:
And yeah, traitorarmor, the only other mention I've seen besides CritToHit is Tom Vasel/Dice Tower, who says he'll post pics after he gets to see the booth.

That's odd, I don't remember having this much trouble getting info from Gama in the past...........oh well, they seem to have covered it well at the very least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking things over, if you ignore the Vo, Apnex, Valdore, Negh'Var, and Battleship, it seems to be pretty easy to build a 30 point ship from a booster. In most cases this would seem to be a Ship + Captain and maybe one upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
I don't think you're going to get more than what was posted up on crit to hit talking about the Borg OP and the brick.

You're probably right, we'll have to wait for the interviews to see what else can be learned.

Quote:

My one main question from this slide: Will the 30 points all have to come from the booster or can I add in more of my own cards? It's probably going to be recommended that it's from that ship that you blind draw, but then of course it's up to the format set by the TO. Their recommended format will probably drive away from people, but just about any change would do that. I don't like the amount of time that it would add to my overall OP event.

Based on the similar format for their Clix events, I would think that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
capnginger wrote:

Heck yes. Give me the Cairo, the Odyssey, the Saratoga etc and I'll be a happy Fed Hed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
The one thing that I DO like to see with the D&D cards is that it looks like one Dragon (super long name starting with V) is 5/1/6/2 - but 42 SP.

Voaraghamanthar.

Also looks like it's 3 points per stat for the Dragons as oposed to Star Trek's 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
I was more intrigued by looking at the slides of the new Dragons offered with AWD&D. The actual product will look amazing if they are able to pull of anything close to the graphic images (they have yet to prove they can do it), but I thought some of the maneuver cards looked really neat. There's one that can't go faster than a speed 2, and ALL of the speed 2 maneuvers are red with only a Green 1 straight. BUT.. it does have a white all stop. So my question is: will we see a similar type maneuver dial on anything in Attack Wing? I'm trying to think of what kind of ship that would work on.

The D&D game is going to be a tough one to spend money on because of the price points. The MSRP on the Starter is $49.99 and EVERY expansion is going to be $24.99 MSRP. That will help me stick with just STAW. The one thing that I DO like to see with the D&D cards is that it looks like one Dragon (super long name starting with V) is 5/1/6/2 - but 42 SP. There's another (the slow one - Dwarven Ballista)) that is 5/0/4/1 but only 21 SP. That part I really like.

Yeah, squinting at the pictures, it looks like the Dwarven Ballista is the one with an all stop, which makes sense. The AWD&D prices are not all that dire, though:

Quote:
Due to their large size, the Attack Wing dragons will be $24.99, which makes the three-pack Starter a great deal at $49.99. Troop packs with six figures and dial/templates will also be $24.99, and single hero packs will be $14.99.

As for pictures, I've seen several mentions on Twitter that people will post pictures of the Exhibit Hall--which does not actually open until 1pm PST, so still another 4 hours until then. I hope to see some photos this evening or tomorrow. I'm mostly hoping for dragon photos, since we've seen the next STAW wave already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Wizkids only has one more presentation at 9am, 1.5hrs from now

I doubt they'll have any more Attack Wing info, so don't get your hopes up.

So they should make it up to us by posting the Voyager preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
capnginger wrote:
Quote:
Due to their large size, the Attack Wing dragons will be $24.99, which makes the three-pack Starter a great deal at $49.99. Troop packs with six figures and dial/templates will also be $24.99, and single hero packs will be $14.99.

If they're scaled to match 32mm figures, that's not terrible. Especially if they turn out half as nice as the prototypes they're showing off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:

My one main question from this slide: Will the 30 points all have to come from the booster or can I add in more of my own cards?

That would be the definition of a "semi-sealed format" wouldn't it?

What I find interesting is the 30 point limit. It suggests something about the size of the ships themselves, that they will probably be on part with the Tinyprise or maybe Excelsior, but we won't see anything similar to the Negh'var/Khazara/Valdore. The ships will need to be small enough (Stat-wise) to allow for customization within a 30 pt limit. Otherwise, why bother including any cards at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordaenor wrote:
stpitner wrote:

My one main question from this slide: Will the 30 points all have to come from the booster or can I add in more of my own cards?

What I find interesting is the 30 point limit. It suggests something about the size of the ships themselves, that they will probably be on part with the Tinyprise or maybe Excelsior, but we won't see anything similar to the Negh'var/Khazara/Valdore. The ships will need to be small enough (Stat-wise) to allow for customization within a 30 pt limit. Otherwise, why bother including any cards at all?

My point is - what is mandatory that I use for my 30 points? Can I take just the ship (which would be random) for X points and qualify for the semi-sealed portion and fill it with my own cards or am I forced to fill it with what comes with the ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
Mordaenor wrote:
stpitner wrote:

My point is - what is mandatory that I use for my 30 points? Can I take just the ship (which would be random) for X points and qualify for the semi-sealed portion and fill it with my own cards or am I forced to fill it with what comes with the ship?

Reads like 30 points from the booster or go short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
stpitner wrote:
Mordaenor wrote:
stpitner wrote:

Reads like 30 points from the booster or go short.

Agreed, all 30 points must come from the blind pack.

However, it doesn't say all 30 points need to go on the blind ship. I.E. If an upgrade from the blind pack fits on one of your other ships, there's nothing that says you can't fit it there.

For that matter, you might even be able to designate part of your inital 90 point build as being assigned to the the blind ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I actually like the idea, in this instance you wouldn't be coming with completely optimiezed fleets, but after the first month or two you are going to be able to anticipate what is in those blind buys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davitch wrote:
I actually like the idea, in this instance you wouldn't be coming with completely optimiezed fleets, but after the first month or two you are going to be able to anticipate what is in those blind buys.

I like the idea too. I just wish the math was differant.

90 points of pre-built is just taking my OP6 or OP5 fleet and removing the flagship resource. I know that the flagship is a powerful item, but there's not alot of sacrifice IMHO with a 90 point build.

Personally, I wish it was 70 prebuild/30 sealed. Now, i'm giving up stuff. I'm making deep cuts into builds and it's effecting my pre deployment plan of attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blind boosters now, too? Oh WizKids, you really are just going full cash grab now.

Anyone want to buy a massive ST:AW collection, including all the OP Participation Prizes, Ferengi Promo Ship, Cha'tang Promo Ship, Sutherland Promo Ship, and GenKhan? Comes with its own plano case and almost all of the cards are sleeved in colored sleeves matching their faction color. Shoot me a PM, and we can work out a trade or a sale here via BGG.

Fed ships and Klingon ships have been pro-painted, as an added bonus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.