Gamer Fergy

Burlingame
California
msg tools
Hi all,

I've developed and started play testing two house rules that when played together are very fun, very interesting, and challenging...!
The two house rules are:

-Amend all blessing cards to work only on the hero's current location (i.e. Blessing of The Gods would read "Discard this card to add 1 die to a check at your location".)

-Difficulty of all banes (monsters, barriers, henchmen, and villains) encountered is modified by the number of heroes at a given location:
1 hero @ location: No modifier
2 heroes @ location: +1D4-2 Difficulty
3-4 heroes @ location: +1D4 Difficulty
5-6 heroes @ location: +1D6 Difficulty
*In your games you can roll the difficulty modifier before your check, or for even greater challenge, at the same time you roll your check.

I think these two house rules played together add interesting aspects/considerations to movement and costs/benefits of fighting together/sharing items/playing to your hero's strengths, etc. You have to think more about the costs/benefits of fighting together or separately. Also, turns out it makes other cards besides blessings more important while necessitating being at the same location to utilize those critical blessing cards. Of course, being at the same location comes at a cost because any banes you encounter might be extra nasty....!

I'm really curious to hear what others think if they try out these two house rules played together in their scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't you already made several threads about this variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Fergy

Burlingame
California
msg tools
Byron, I've been tweaking it and this is the final version I'm playtesting. Just wanted to get it out there for others to consider and provide feedback if they playtest it and find it fun and challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.