Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there everyone,

This year's Geek Madness tournament is underway, and Cosmic Encounter is in a close fight in the first round. I know this game has some of the most devoted fans out of any game on this site, because listening to great stories about this game's awesomeness is what convinced me to buy it in the first place. All you have to do is follow this link and thumb item #12 Cosmic Encounter, then rally it on to victory!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171208/item/3136492#item31...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This first round against terra mystica is the hardest. But if we manage to win this round, CE should be able to reach the semi-final!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ien C.
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Cosmic Encounter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: At the time of this posting, Cosmic Encounter is 49 votes behind Terra Mystica, making this matchup one of the closest of the first rounds.

We can do this! If you vote for Cosmic Encounter, and then get a friend to vote for Cosmic Encounter, and then your friend gets 65 other people to vote for Cosmic Encounter, we'll draw even with them! Tell 10 friends. Use the Tripler ability to TRIPLE those votes into 30 votes! Negotiate with your friends and offer them a vote-for-vote (and don't sneak attack them for once). I believe this fanbase can rally enough troops to hit the tournament with a Cosmic Incursion! I believe the match ends tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
CE certainly has my support (I already voted for it), but it's not like the Geek Madness tournament actually means anything.

I'd much rather be *playing* games, rather than participating in a popularity contest among games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ien C.
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
CE certainly has my support (I already voted for it), but it's not like the Geek Madness tournament actually means anything.

I'd much rather be *playing* games, rather than participating in a popularity contest among games.

Wait what? It doesn't mean anything?!

YES IT DOES!

Pride glory and justice! And bragging rights!

EVERYONE GO VOTE ALREADY!

I for one say you aren't even allowed to play it unless you go vote for it. NOW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd absolutely rather be playing CE than voting for it.

But voting for it is the next best thing!

Also, your efforts seem to be helping! As of this post, the score is 666-625, meaning we've closed the margin to a mere 41 votes. That's fewer than eight 6-player games of cosmic encounter! Tonight's assignment: Go play a six-player game of Cosmic Encounter, then get all 6 players to vote for it. We'll win by a single vote, AND everyone gets to play CE!

Ok, being realistic for a moment, we are probably beat, but making a late push to come back and win is unlikely but possible, and it would be the coolest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Patterson
Saudi Arabia
Ras Tanura
Eastern Province
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghopper21 wrote:

EVERYONE GO VOTE ALREADY!

I for one say you aren't even allowed to play it unless you go vote for it. NOW.

Voted already.

I love CE, truly I do. But if I were given the choice to either play a game of Terra Mystica or a game of Cosmic Encounters, I would choose Terra Mystica every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.