Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you missed the pre-order link above...

€249 plus shipping to get a copy of the full-sized version for the first 25 people to support it!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/whacky-wit-the-boardgame/x...

I have no stake in this - other than having to sell off my trade list to pay for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:

€249 plus shipping to get a copy of the full-sized version for the first 25 people to support it!

I have no stake in this - other than having to sell off my trade list to pay for it...

plus shipping, ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
anglotiger wrote:

plus shipping, ouch.

That's a €100 discount on the normal price (even taking shipping into account).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Verdammt, bin ich gut. (Duke Nukem)
badge
Get Whacky :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, shippig is really high due to the weight of Whacky Wit - even the Whacky Mini will be 5 Kilograms :-(

But: I have checked the shipping costs for items below 1 kilogram and if i send them as "letter" instead of a parcel, shipping costs are very low. So i now have added a perk "Whacky Roll SE" where you can get Whacky Roll as an permanent game for a really low price, so you can check out if you like Whacky Wit, play it with friends and then maybe think about ordering it in the "Big" or "mini" Version with the magnetic pegs.

Also i replaced some perks with now good value ones for t-shirts, postcards and stuff. Sending the items as a letter will take a few days longer until they arrive but saves a lot of money for the supporters.

Some Updates:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/whacky-wit-the-boardgame?c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the shipping costs to the US. I'm assuming which state it's going to doesn't matter but specifically zip code of 48092.

Also, is there any discount for purchasing more than one? Say if I found 2 or 3 other people who wanted to get one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dexdouglas wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the shipping costs to the US. I'm assuming which state it's going to doesn't matter but specifically zip code of 48092.

Shipping is listed as €50 to the U.S. for the full-sized version (see "Whacky Perk #5-#7" on the left hand side of the page). It's unclear how much shipping is for the mini version.

Quote:
Also, is there any discount for purchasing more than one? Say if I found 2 or 3 other people who wanted to get one?

I asked if combined shipping for multiple copies might be a little cheaper, but that's a good question too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the info about the shipping costs!

And I'm sorry, my question was phrased incorrectly. I was wondering about combined shipping as well. But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask about bulk discounts. Maybe buy 5, get $10 off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shipping is included in the Whacky Roll - Whacky Mini is a discount coupon you get for saving 11 Euros on the mini later when it is released in Summer. Maybe i shall add this as a perk too? dunno.

We can send 31,5 Kilograms in weight as a maximum in one Parcel which will be 105 Euros for shipping to any location in the USA. So it's 35 Euros shipping for each board if they are bundled - but i think that is way to complicated to show that on the campaign? If you decide to bundle two boards it's 75 Euro (20 Kilograms) which is 37,50 for each board then. Sure makes only sense, if the shipping inside the USA is cheaper then the difference or people live at the same location?!

Thanks for your help.
Norman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Norman.

Being able to tell people that there's a shipping discount for multiple copies could help a lot. I'm sure that people will appreciate your willingness to help them save money.

A €12.50 saving on shipping per board is $17.40 at today's exchange rate. That might not seem like a lot when you're spending about $400, but if you've got two people in the same general area who want copies, they'll be glad to save any money they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. That's a good point. I will add a shipping section in the campaign where I try to describe that.

If anyone else has other ideas to get this campaign running please tell me.

Norman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
Oh wow, I'm so tempted by the early bird discount. Particular as you can hang it on a wall. This looks like a really well made design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today i added Whacky Mini to the perks on Indiegogo. We are building Whacky Mini within the next 40 days - all materials are ordered, so it is a way to get Whacky Wit in a smaller version as Whacky Mini - 36x36x5cm size and 5 kilograms weight. Also fully magnetic like the "big one".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Materials arrived
About 10 Days to go on http://igg.me/at/whackywit/x/5276503 and the first materials arrived. Today we were carrying tons of strip of wood through our area. So the most parts are here now and we can start building the frames of the new Whacky Wit Boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.