Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Letter: 4/2 11/2 12/2 18/2 25/2 4/3 4/3 5/3 18/3 18/3

25/2: Had another game of Love Letter in spite of protests from one of the regulars but it is a short game to field when you have just 18 minutes because another was above to leave and 18 minutes of game time was all she could spare.

I still see Love Letter as one of the cleaner games where you can have fun without lengthy rules explanation. It is one of the easiest game to get players on board.

4/3: Did 2 games of Love Letter. The first one was a 1v1 game as we were waiting for another player to arrive. I like the simple rules and the way we try to deduce each other's card without giving ourselves away.

The second game had 3 players and again, this is one of the simplest game to teach a new player. After a trial game of teaching the mechanics of the game, the new player could understand and make the decisions, winning one of the rounds even.

5/3: I think Love Letter really shines in a 4 player game. The pace and the diversity is so much better when there are 4 players. Got a couple who are fairly new to board games to try a game and it worked out beautifully.

We did do away with the rule to win 3 rounds. 2 rounds seemed to be very balance in fact all 4 players won 1 round each and the 5th game was like anyone's game. So the cliff hanger element and the excitement that any one of us could win was great but it was not too long that it gets too draggy.

18/3: We managed to do 2 rounds of Love Letter bringing the number of plays to 10! Yeah! The second set which we managed to complete after YINSH. The first game we had 5 players, with one of the more experienced players guiding a new player. Having Princess at the start is a really liability since you cannot ditch her and you only have one option. One of the strategy was to trade her away at the early stage and hope to draw a guard to get the player out of the round.

The second round of the Love Letter we had just 4 players and a moderator so that the game play is more efficient. One of the players won with the Princess and using her to secretly compare her with other players then wear down the deck to get the final victory.

While some of the players find that Love Letter is a memory game, I still pretty enjoy the deduction part. The funniest is always draw a guard at an early stage and to accurately guess the opponents card.

Seriously would recommend this game to be a filler as you wait for late comers to arrive!

We are currently using an anime re-themed of Love Letter for our plays.

You can view here the rest of my challenge progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.