K P Hensler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I apologize if this has been answered already, I searched the forums and came up empty.

My friend and I just discovered LNOE and have been playing it a lot. We had a disagreement about the wording of this card:

"Choose up to three Hero cards from the discard pile and shuffle them back into the deck"

A) I took it to mean just stick the three cards randomly into the unplayed Hero card deck.

B) My friend disagreed and took it to mean stick the three cards randomly into the deck and then reshuffle the whole deck.

Which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
bender69 wrote:
I apologize if this has been answered already, I searched the forums and came up empty.

My friend and I just discovered LNOE and have been playing it a lot. We had a disagreement about the wording of this card:

"Choose up to three Hero cards from the discard pile and shuffle them back into the deck"

A) I took it to mean just stick the three cards randomly into the unplayed Hero card deck.

B) My friend disagreed and took it to mean stick the three cards randomly into the deck and then reshuffle the whole deck.

Which is correct?

Option A does not follow any definition of shuffling that I have ever come across, so I agree with your friend that option B is the correct procedure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Agreed. Besides, why would you be opposed to shuffling the entire deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B is correct.

How could A ever be? The instruction was to shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it wanted you to just insert the cards, it would say so.

Shuffling of the draw deck and the three cards you picked is required. If the instructions don't mention it, you can leave the discard pile as-is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.