Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've searched about quite a bit and it looks like the only 2 Coop/Solo variants I can find specifically for 2nd edition are:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1073436/converting-descent-i...

and

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1137350/cooperative-singlepl...

I've seen a bunch for the original version - can they be applied as written or would they need serious tweaking?

Are there any out there I'm missing or should we just wait for the "official" one from FFG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerdook's variant seems to pretty well received. I think I'll just wait for the official co-op to come out soon at mt FLGS. Plus at GAMA they just announced more stuff for the co-op. Hopefully it will play well and be well supported with future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one more that we are waiting anxiously to see...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15174997

This guy is taking the Markus N's "No Overlord"-Variant and upgrade it with a dungeon deck, tiles, etc.

Lets see how he does.

His thread is a fun read. Lots of excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim YC
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello! Nerdook here. I'm actually working on a much improved version of my co-op variant, though I'm still testing it at the moment. And yes, you'll need to print some additional cards to make use of it, and the big downside is it needs components from a couple of different expansions as well.

Currently it works as a "dungeon-crawl" style game, where Heroes explore 3 levels of a Dungeon (3 random rooms each) before fighting a giant Dragon (Valyndra) as the final boss.

My custom cards consist of:

1) 27 Overlord cards that dictate how the monsters move and what events occur at the end of each turn
2) 9 Lieutenant cards that determine what miniboss you will be fighting on each floor (or if there is no boss at all!)
3) 18 Dungeon cards that determine which tile to place next, and their special advantages.

That gives a total of 54 cards, so I might turn it into an Artscow project when it's done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you could be persuaded to use Printerstudio instead?

I've used them both and PS results are far nicer.

nerdook wrote:
Hello! Nerdook here. I'm actually working on a much improved version of my co-op variant, though I'm still testing it at the moment. And yes, you'll need to print some additional cards to make use of it, and the big downside is it needs components from a couple of different expansions as well.

Currently it works as a "dungeon-crawl" style game, where Heroes explore 3 levels of a Dungeon (3 random rooms each) before fighting a giant Dragon (Valyndra) as the final boss.

My custom cards consist of:

1) 27 Overlord cards that dictate how the monsters move and what events occur at the end of each turn
2) 9 Lieutenant cards that determine what miniboss you will be fighting on each floor (or if there is no boss at all!)
3) 18 Dungeon cards that determine which tile to place next, and their special advantages.

That gives a total of 54 cards, so I might turn it into an Artscow project when it's done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim YC
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure, I can look into that. Right now I'm just working to make sure the variant is fun and challenging without being too unbalanced, like my original variant was. =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Kr
msg tools
Hello people, personally Im trying to work on something myself in my spare time

Details in couple of days I think if all goes well and it will be playable.
It looks like great time to try again descent solo variants, if all goes well there will be 3 new of them too (nerdook, that dude on top of forums, and maybe me) choose with different approaches to design

And we will have solo-coop expansion available to buy in couple of months, probably everyone is excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim YC
msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely excited about the official solo/coop variant.

My latest version makes use of the Threat/Fortune tokens that comes with the Lt Packs: the Heroes lose once a certain number of Threat tokens appear, while Fortune tokens can be spent on a variety of advantages.

THREAT:
1) In the Overlord deck, there is one Reshuffle card. Whenever this card comes up, the Overlord gains a Threat token and the deck is reshuffled.
2) Whenever a Hero is defeated, the Overlord also gains a Threat token.

FORTUNE:
Heroes gain Fortune tokens from collecting all Search tokens, defeating strong Master monster figures, and from completing each level of the dungeon.

Fortune tokens can be used for:

1) Draw an Act I Item card (1 token)
2) Recover 5 hearts (1 token)
3) Buy an Act II Item card (2 tokens): Draw 3 cards and trade in an equal value of Act I Item cards.
4) Remove a Threat token (2 tokens)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fyi, FFG will be releasing Forgotten Souls, a coop module, in summer. Some idea of how it works is in their store Organized Play blurb: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4582

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.