Hide
6 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of Questions (Yes, I read FAQ) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Egor P
msg tools
1. When a card says "target a ship at..." does that mean place a target lock on that enemy ship? Or just declare a ship as a target of your action?

2. Does the "+1" attack attribute on the flagship cards count towards Secondary Weapons and cloaked mines?

3. In OP6, I encountered a guy running Engage. He was able to do his free actions, and THEN he used Engage after to gain an extra green maneuver. Is that legal? He explained it by saying that you could use any action in any order. However, on the Engage card it says "after performing a green maneuver, IMMEDIATELY take an extra green maneuver." So I would assume it would only apply right after the movement.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, if you had to use your target lock, you would be instructed to "Spend your Target Lock"

2) No, that attribute refers to your primary weapon only. Your primary value is printed on your ship card, which is why your primary weapon value lines up with the +1 when you put your ship card on the flagship card. Secondary weapon values are printed on your secondary weapon card so wouldn't be enchanced in that way.

3) Hmmm... I'd say that you would have to take the move straight away, as you could target lock someone, and then be out of range if you engaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other 2 are good but #3 is incorrect.

FleetCaptDanAdams wrote:
3) Hmmm... I'd say that you would have to take the move straight away, as you could target lock someone, and then be out of range if you engaged.

========================
Engage (Federation/Starter)
Action: If you performed a Green Maneuver this round, you may immediately perform an additional Green Maneuver of your choice. Place an Auxiliary Power Token besides your ship.
Cost: 3

========================

Engage is just an 'action' (available if you performed a green manuver) a controlling player can do actions and free actions in any order they want.

Which is different than say, the Romulan Pilot which is a 'after moving' and I don't believe you could take actions before using him....or at least that is my understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ says:
Quote:
12. Does the Primary Weapon bonus on a Flagship card increase the damage of the Enterprise-D's special ability?

No.

Bolding mine. That should answer #2. Also, check the STAW:Flagships wiki. Granted, this is "proposed text", but it does help explain the Flagships.
Quote:
2) Flagship cards are oversized cards that are placed beneath your ship card. These cards will have additional stats that increase the printed values* of your ship (primary weapon, agility, hull, shields). In addition, flagship cards may add bonus text-based abilities, actions, and upgrade slots to the assigned ship card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
emanman wrote:

3. In OP6, I encountered a guy running Engage. He was able to do his free actions, and THEN he used Engage after to gain an extra green maneuver. Is that legal? He explained it by saying that you could use any action in any order. However, on the Engage card it says "after performing a green maneuver, IMMEDIATELY take an extra green maneuver." So I would assume it would only apply right after the movement.

When quoting a card make sure you include all the wording from the card. The card says "...you may immediately perform..." which allows for an instance of hesitation to get another action in there if your captain happens to be Picard or Dukat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davitch wrote:
emanman wrote:

When quoting a card make sure you include all the wording from the card. The card says "...you may immediately perform..." which allows for an instance of hesitation to get another action in there if your captain happens to be Picard or Dukat.

More importantly, the first part of the text reads, "If you performed a green maneuver this round." It does not at all specify that the green maneuver has to immediately precede the Engage action or even that the green maneuver has to take place during the movement phase (via Independent TL Flagship, for example). The use of the word "immediately" in the card text is simply to clarify that the extra green maneuver is taken during the Engage action and cannot be held for later, such as after all other ships have moved or during the attack phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.