Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman Vil'chenko
Russia
Smolensk
Smolenskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angry

-10 point for ALL unfed peoples - skewness. People can not feed at all, and give resources for food - do stupid (why this rule in this situation?)

-10 point for EACH unfed people - good and not have skewness.

Official rules - with skewness? No any amendments?

When playing together - critical. It turns scheme - for food does not necessarily follow, if the number goods outweighs 10 points. Ie here the main task is blocking / taking all possible cards and houses for resources. Arable land - for the second time and put people on food - do not need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: You are riding beating a dead horse.

Long answer: This topic is discussed in more detail that I am fond of. Take a day off and take a tour through the Stone Age forum here and read the numerous threads discussing this.
If you are really plucky search for "Starvation stategy" or if extremly stout hearted write a post with "Starvation stategy" in the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Vil'chenko
Russia
Smolensk
Smolenskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
You are riding a dead horse.

Prompt detail, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tikitavy wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

Prompt detail, please.

This topic has been done to death. As the previous poster said, check the previous threads on this very subject for the expansive debate and feel free to join in. All the detail you will ever need is there and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Vil'chenko
Russia
Smolensk
Smolenskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
This topic has been done to death. As the previous poster said, check the previous threads on this very subject for the expansive debate and feel free to join in. All the detail you will ever need is there and more.

Ok, tnx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you are really plucky search for "Starvation stategy" or if extremly stout hearted write a post with "Starvation stategy" in the title.

Hunger strategy!

(although I don't usually play this strategy, I consider the rule valid, as not feeding your people for one or two turns at a critical time in the game is often tactically sound, and can help offset an early lucky streak by another player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Veillet
Canada
Boucherville
Québec, Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or else... House rule variant that have been used once or twice...

You loose everyone of your family that you don't feed, so then you have to breed more to get get back your family. This does actually kill any starving or non starving strategy!!! And is highly effective with players who doesn't care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tikitavy wrote:
Wolfram wrote:

Prompt detail, please.

He means go to the Stone Age forums, and read everything with "starvation" or "hunger" or "food" in it until you are sick of the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Patterson
Saudi Arabia
Ras Tanura
Eastern Province
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
Short answer: You are riding a dead horse.

I absolutely agree with you Wolfram, but at the risk of sounding pedantic, the expression is "beating a dead horse." In the U.S., at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English expression is, 'Flogging a dead horse' but I think we all get the gist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At Wikipedia, a dispute about notability of a living person who asks not to be listed in Wikipedia was called "Pounding the greasy spot on the ground where the dead horse was".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyInRT wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
Short answer: You are riding a dead horse.

I absolutely agree with you Wolfram, but at the risk of sounding pedantic, the expression is "beating a dead horse." In the U.S., at least.

No offense taken. I am quite comfortable in my English however sometimes my non-nativeness shines through. modest

BTW Wasn't there a person famous for butchering proverbs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I don't know, I kind of like the malapropism.

Perhaps we can assign a meaning to it.

I'll suggest that "Riding a dead horse" could be used as slang "being funded by a failing organization that is in its last days." Example: Politician X is gaining in the polls, but he's just riding a dead horse.

It could also be used for "stubbornly making an argument that is widely discredited."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.