8 Posts

Navajo Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Playtime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K L
msg tools
Hi,

how long does the game take with its different campaigns? Assuming someone plays, who has become quite familiar with the game (about 4-5 plays)?

Kind regards,

K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kvothe91 wrote:
how long does the game take with its different campaigns? Assuming someone plays, who has become quite familiar with the game (about 4-5 plays)?

I've gotten it down to around a half hour per victory check, maybe a little less. So, around 2-2.5 hours per scenario, or 7ish for the campaign.

(That sounds long for the campaign game, actually, but it's been a few months. I should break it out again and let you know ninja )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still working through the first scenario. But I think that it really depends on when the two game-end cards come out. I have had most games within the 2 hour range, but then one that was over in about 90 minutes. Once you get the flow of the game down it can go rather quickly depending on how much analysis one wishes to run through on each decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K L
msg tools
JazzFish wrote:
Kvothe91 wrote:

I've gotten it down to around a half hour per victory check, maybe a little less. So, around 2-2.5 hours per scenario, or 7ish for the campaign.

(That sounds long for the campaign game, actually, but it's been a few months. I should break it out again and let you know ninja )

Hello there,

What's a "victory check"? Can you play the game for one victory check and do the other one the next time and so on? Or should you play one scenario to its end?

And yes, you definitely should breakt it out again and tell me about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kvothe91 wrote:
What's a "victory check"? Can you play the game for one victory check and do the other one the next time and so on? Or should you play one scenario to its end?

I'd recommend reading a review or session report. Briefly: each scenario (excepting the intro and the short 'Kit Carson' endgame scenario) has five 'victory check' events seeded at intervals in the deck. They're really more like 'defeat checks,' since you can lose the game but not win it, until the last one. (If you're doing really well you can achieve an 'automatic victory' during the game as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kvothe91 wrote:
JazzFish wrote:
Kvothe91 wrote:

Hello there,

And yes, you definitely should breakt it out again and tell me about it

You can play NW in chunks as small as ten minutes, so if you can leave the game set out for a few days it should be easy to finish a scenario even if you can't play for a long time at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:

You can play NW in chunks as small as ten minutes, so if you can leave the game set out for a few days
in a cat free zone,

Just wanted to add to that sentence. Having most of the cubes in the bag, and hiding the dice helps keep it interference free and I have been able to play over multiple days. Would help if I could just shut the danged door without the scratching battles.

My plays have been around the 5-6 hours total time for a single scenario, although I do play slow and agonize over every decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurt_purcell wrote:
Renaissance Man wrote:

You can play NW in chunks as small as ten minutes, so if you can leave the game set out for a few days
in a cat free zone,

Just wanted to add to that sentence. Having most of the cubes in the bag, and hiding the dice helps keep it interference free and I have been able to play over multiple days. Would help if I could just shut the danged door without the scratching battles.

My plays have been around the 5-6 hours total time for a single scenario, although I do play slow and agonize over every decision.

I actually just cover the table with a bath towel. Even when the cat climbs on the table and sleeps there, the pieces aren't displaced more than an inch or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.