Subject: Slaughterfield Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
1) Out of the box, how can someone play Slaughterfield correctly? Wave 2 would require 16 minions (and Wave 3 spawns 4 Captains) of the same type, which won't be in the box. How should this be handled? Granted, for backers Wave 2 will fix this but I'm thinking of new buyers.

2) Do treasures clear at he end of a wave? The rulebook doesn't say so but thinking of the style of how this is set up I could see that being intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't really play it as planned, unless you proxy minis. Even with expansion stuff it needs lots of captains.

I think the rules were just included in the book, because they needed to be printed somewhere.

I think this mode adheres to the rule that you must pick up all treasure before the wave/tile ends, otherwise it is turned to gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that there is the Slaughterfield Game Mode as well as Slaughterfield brought about by Quests (Questing Slaughterfield, or QSF), and there are a lot of little differences. I've outlined QSF and pointed out a few of those differences in this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1148566/slaughterfield-durin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing that says you should clear treasures after each wave of SF. We can speculate all we want, but we should assume that treasures only turn into gold after the tile is cleared, which means after all waves of QSF have been completed.

In regular SF, you need to pick those up or you will lose rather quickly, but there's no rule that says they'll disappear. There is no clearing in SF, only wave completion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
There's nothing that says you should clear treasures after each wave of SF. We can speculate all we want, but we should assume that treasures only turn into gold after the tile is cleared, which means after all waves of QSF have been completed.

In regular SF, you need to pick those up or you will lose rather quickly, but there's no rule that says they'll disappear. There is no clearing in SF, only wave completion.

I agree, I don't think treasures change into gold in real SF mode. It would happen in QSF only at the end of the quest, not after each wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.