Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night on earth....a very fun game. If you can get the growing hunger expansion, get that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth and Invasion from Outer Space use the same game system and are actually compatible. Between those two games it comes down to do you like the zombie or martian invasion theme more?

Unless you want to play as a dancing bear, then it has to be Invasion from Outer Space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IMHO i didn't enjoy LNOE at all ! I played zomibecide and it was way better. To each his own I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Di Ciollo
Italy
Monte San Biagio ( LT )
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone says that IfOS is a bit better than LNOE.
Is that real?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prashantmaheshwari wrote:
IMHO i didn't enjoy LNOE at all ! I played zomibecide and it was way better. To each his own I guess

I didn't like either of these games. I enjoyed Conquest of the Planet Earth though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
prashantmaheshwari wrote:

I didn't like either of these games. I enjoyed Conquest of the Planet Earth though!

And (this is not going to be extremely helpful in making a decision)I liked LNOE quite a bit more than Conquest of the Planet. As someone said, "To each his own".

I will say that I think LNOE really shines with 5 players. You can play with 6 (2 zombie players) but I think I like 5 better. There are always 4 human survivors at start, so if you play with less than 5 some players have to operate two survivors. For 2 players, the survivor player operates all 4. It is not extremely difficult to do so, but you are able to identify better with your survivor if you play only 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sevier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I prefer Invasion from Outer Space, although that's mostly as a Alien or Zombie side player. The Aliens are just so much more interesting to play! And that's with the exapansions for LNOE.

That said, most of my friends prefer LNOE, so I'd say it depends mostly on who you'll be playing with and what theme you think they'll like better.

LNOE without expansions can get very boring for the Zombie player, though, so be warned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LNOE is great. I love this game. Definetly pick up the hero pack as the zombies are a little strong in the base game.

Another great game is Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game. I might like this one more actually, but the rules are very convoluted so I recommend downloading a rules summery to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played Conquest of Planet Earth, but it is an extremely enjoyable game. The play-throughs are relatively short (with 1-3 players) at about 45 minutes, and the mechanics are great.

We consider it on par with Arkham Horror and Eldritch Horror enjoy-ability. I highly recommend it!

Edit: derp, spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.