Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just received my copy from the Book Depository. Cheap and very good quality too.

This is probably a stupid question, but I've read and re-read the rules and cannot find the answer.

Character tokens start on their cards. How to they get onto the board? By ritual cards only?
Therefore you cannot move a character unless it is on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, no worries it is not a stupid question, it is always easy to miss things in rulebooks..

During setup you place out a number of tiles and each tile has an artifact token placed out on it.

Some of these when they are revealed have Character names, so this token is replaced with the appropriate character card and the token placed back in the box (Out of the game).

As you explore the house and place out new tiles you also place out new Artifact tokens which may reveal some of the reaming characters to put into play.

So yes you can not move a character until they are actually on the board itself.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I hadn't looked carefully enough at the artifact tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.