Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I've just plunged for the Emperor edition boxed-set (Gempukku) and I didn't realise there are no tokens in this set!

Aside from tracking Honour, are the tokens really needed? If so, where can I get some?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official tokens can be nice, but not really needed (and, frankly, were not much used in my experienced). If you're playing with something that's handing out tokens (Dragon Monks with Fire tokens, Scorpion Ninja with Poison tokens) then you can just use glass beads or whatever's laying around as the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dice (I use d10s because I have them lying around, but d6s are more popular) also work great for tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit of a bump for someone who is brand new to the game...

I've managed to luck into a reasonably priced copy of the Ivory Edition box set of nine starter decks. It's a thing of absolute beauty. It came with several boosters for each deck, so I now have a plethora of choices to play with (and many rules to parse).

Much like the OP, I've discovered references to tokens (honour/damage etc) which are not included in the box set (or I assume with any deck in this line now). I'm looking to fully equip myself with glass beads, or something similar, colour coordinated because I'm just tripping over my tongue with how gorgeous this all is). What I can't quite get a handle on is just how many tokens you need to play the game.

I'm putting together a bead order to act as a surrogate for tokens, but can anyone tell me how much I'll need of each? How many tokens do you need for honour in a two-player game? How many of the decks play modifiers that need to be tracked in some way? Short of slowly working through each deck, a piece at a time, and running a tally, can anyone here please advise me?

Failing that, does anyone know if it is still possible to get hold of the official tokens for each of the clan decks/honour chits?

Appreciate any help or advice; can't wait to get stuck into this game.

Jason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Bit of a bump for someone who is brand new to the game...

I've managed to luck into a reasonably priced copy of the Ivory Edition box set of nine starter decks. It's a thing of absolute beauty. It came with several boosters for each deck, so I now have a plethora of choices to play with (and many rules to parse).

Much like the OP, I've discovered references to tokens (honour/damage etc) which are not included in the box set (or I assume with any deck in this line now). I'm looking to fully equip myself with glass beads, or something similar, colour coordinated because I'm just tripping over my tongue with how gorgeous this all is). What I can't quite get a handle on is just how many tokens you need to play the game.

I'm putting together a bead order to act as a surrogate for tokens, but can anyone tell me how much I'll need of each? How many tokens do you need for honour in a two-player game? How many of the decks play modifiers that need to be tracked in some way? Short of slowly working through each deck, a piece at a time, and running a tally, can anyone here please advise me?

Failing that, does anyone know if it is still possible to get hold of the official tokens for each of the clan decks/honour chits?

Appreciate any help or advice; can't wait to get stuck into this game.

Jason.

I picked up a set of official tokens a year or so ago from a UK seller off ebay for a reasonable price.

Edit: the seller was hurlbatgames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.