• [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the new game board replaced the old or expands on it. Either way, very excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is the new game board is for the 6 player addition. The boards are scaled by player. Adding a 6th player to the existing 5 player map would throw it out of balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...a new game board with large islands on which ground attacks can be carried out

That sounds to me like a new approach to one of the core mechanics, rather than just adding a board for six players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
Polylux1 wrote:
...a new game board with large islands on which ground attacks can be carried out

That sounds to me like a new approach to one of the core mechanics, rather than just adding a board for six players...

I noticed this too. I didn't think they would be that risqué. Maybe they do have something special up their sleeves.surprise

Maybe there is an additional "battle board" where players can actually maneuver troops. Thus there will be tactical decisions to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I wonder if the new game board replaced the old or expands on it. Either way, very excited

If you come to Grand Rapids, we should play some Cyclades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I live in Bay City but was out there a couple weeks ago for our anniversary. Found some out of print games as well. Might be back out this summer but won't have much time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Polylux1 wrote:

It could still be a center piece AND have large islands on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Where in Grand Rapids do you play? I grew up there but live and game closer to Lansing now. Always looking for gaming options, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.