Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game on OCTGN yesterday and during the game I was playing Corp.

I had 2 pieces of ICE installed over a server, and I wanted to trash one of them to install a new one.

Then I asked my opponent, "do I still need to pay a credit because there's another piece of ICE on the server?"
And he said "yes, unless you trash both."

So there's my question, is he right? Can I trash both (or all) pieces of ICE protecting a server when I want to install a new piece of ICE?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You may trash any number of ice installed on that server, and then afterwards you must pay 1 credit per ice still installed on that server. So if you trash all the ice, you don't need to pay anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 13:

When installing ice, the Corporation can first trash any ice
protecting that server in order to reduce the install cost. Then,
he installs the new piece of ice in the outermost position in
front of the server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you guys!

Is the same true for Programs/Resources/Hardware?
Say I want to install a Program with an MU of 1, can I trash 2 programs to install that one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fonollosa
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only for programs. You can't trash hardware or resources at will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Programs
To install a program, the Runner pays the program's install cost and places it in his program row. Each program also has a memory cost. The Runner cannot have programs installed that have a combined memory cost greater than his available memory units (MU). The Runner begins the game with four MU, though certain card effects can increase or decrease this value.

If the MU costs of the Runner's installed programs ever exceed his available MU, he must trash his installed programs until he is no longer exceeding his available MU.

The Runner can choose to trash any number of his installed programs at the beginning of an install program action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.