James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there a better "Star Wars" fan film than this one below?

This is a relatively new release and you might not believe where it was filmed.

Set 94 years after the Battle of Endor, the New Republic is pitted against an emerging new empire comprised of a new enemy combined with the vestiges of the old empire. Seeking new alies to join the Republic, the Jedi Council sends two envoys to a planet desiring to join the Republic. But the new Empire also has its eyes on the planet which has a very unique mineral resource that could prove advantageous in tipping the balance toward victory for one side or the other.

(Be sure to turn on the CC:Closed Captioning for better comprehension of the dialogue.)

"STAR WARS: The Threads of Destiny"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Is there a better "Star Wars" fan film than this one below?

Especially given when it was created, the effects were amazing for a fan film. Not to mention the fact that it was hilarious. And it has something else going for it that your film doesn't - time. There's no way I'm watching a 110 minute fan film. Fool me once...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
This is about Episode VII isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

frumpish wrote:
This is about Episode VII isn't it?

No, it's not. It's a fan-created episode set 94 years after the Battle of Endor.

Be sure you watch the end credits to see where it was filmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
In itty bitty writing it says Stockholm, Sweden....did I win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

heinrichsteven wrote:
In itty bitty writing it says Stockholm, Sweden....did I win?

Yes, you won!

Now, I've seen part of an Italian Star Wars fan film that rivals this one to some degree in terms of quality of special effects. But I did wonder if this Swedish film had established a benchmark for overall quality.

I know if I were a fan film screenwriter, I would avoid any plot element which gave any credence to the Jedi Order lore established by Episodes 1-III altogether. And without giving away any surprises, that's one overriding aspect that I felt that essentially put part of "Threads of Destiny's" storyline into a straight jacket that made it seem like a retread of the Prequel Trilogy.

For example, take that godforsaken notion created by George Lucas that the Jedi took Force-capable children as babies from their parents into the Jedi Order and would never be allowed to re-establish contact with their birth families. That's too shockingly evocative of the Third Reich's seizure of blond children from non-Germanic East European countries to be adopted by German families through the Reich. I cannot imagine any family willingly or voluntariliy giving up their infant or toddler children to an agent of the State. If anything, that misbegotten ascetic policy should have in historical hindsight been considered a self-defeating weakness that also doomed the Jedi Order and nearly led its near extinction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.