Hide
13 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fate Receipe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eric sickafoose
msg tools
So reading the rule book it says that you can use fate dice as a resource and when that ressource is used its gone. Well my question would be to take the starting wood plank.
Now say if the acolyte gains a couple fate die through buffs and manages to roll 3 faith results. Would he be able to reduce his threat by three.
I ask this because if they are resources and its a receipe would it not work this way. Doing a demo tonight and want to be clear on at least this lol.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that each die *and recipe* can only be used once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't point you to the source, but I believe each fate recipe can only be used once per Hero Cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Not 100%, but im pretty sure a recipe can only be used once per die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is correct. At first with the starting gear the FD bonus are not as important as D10, but when you have better equipment it will be more important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric sickafoose
msg tools
Ok thats what i was leaning towards but wanted to check others interpritations 8)
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarity, this limit of one recipe per HC does not include enemies (Boss, Mini-Boss, etc) correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCyler wrote:
For clarity, this limit of one recipe per HC does not include enemies (Boss, Mini-Boss, etc) correct?

I think it is per roll, not HC, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruavin wrote:
From Kenny:

An ability from an item can only be activated once. Some items will have multiple FD abilities though and each ability can be activated once from the dice pool that it is rolled. Example: The Kelemite-Forged Blade (available in Slaughterfield only) has -2 AP if Rage is rolled and x2 damage if Rage and Guile is rolled. So if in one attack the player rolled 2 rage and 1 guile they could gain both effects.

http://megacongames.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/249...

Okay so I think and hope that I am getting it but need a little more clarity (I say that a lot now I guess).

Is a Hero limited to one recipe each HC, or limited to one of each recipe each HC?

Example would be if a Hero had multiple items with recipes, could that Hero pull from their FD pool and use multiple recipes, just not that same one more than once? Or is it limited to only one recipe per Hero per HC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCyler wrote:
Ruavin wrote:
From Kenny:

An ability from an item can only be activated once. Some items will have multiple FD abilities though and each ability can be activated once from the dice pool that it is rolled. Example: The Kelemite-Forged Blade (available in Slaughterfield only) has -2 AP if Rage is rolled and x2 damage if Rage and Guile is rolled. So if in one attack the player rolled 2 rage and 1 guile they could gain both effects.

Okay so I think and hope that I am getting it but need a little more clarity (I say that a lot now I guess).

Is a Hero limited to one recipe each HC, or limited to one of each recipe each HC?

Example would be if a Hero had multiple items with recipes, could that Hero pull from their FD pool and use multiple recipes, just not that same one more than once? Or is it limited to only one recipe per Hero per HC?

Not sure where the per HC came from- I think the only limiter is per roll. And that limit means - no die can be used as part of more than one recipe (in effect, the 'ingredient' / die is used up), and no recipe can be made more than once per roll.

I believe this holds for enemies as well - start at the bottom and work up, if any recipes are fulfilled, do those effects and remove the dice from the pool, now check next recipe, repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is per roll no limit per HC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCyler wrote:
Ruavin wrote:
From Kenny:

You can use each recipe once per roll. And can apply the result of a die to only one recipe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.