11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Just one More rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Barnes
Australia
flag msg tools
Looking for one more game to buy since i had a cancel on another order but hard working out which one. Ive included my top picks up top and have the games ive bought below.

- SmallWorld
- Rampage
- Trains
- Descent
- Myth (going to be hard to find in australia)
- Jamaica (unavailable in Australia)
- Carcassonne
- Power Grid
- Forbidden Desert
- Caverna

My list of games ive bought are as follows:
- Suburbia
- Steam Park
- Flash Point
- Ticket to ride
- roborally
- Say Anything
- Telestrations
- A lot of Xwing
- pandemic
- king of toyko

any suggestions would be great, i know people suggest buy what you want. but i would like peoples opinion since i believe i would enjoy them all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trains

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you dig lighter games. Rampage is super fun, not too long, and everyone seems to enjoy it, regardless of whether they are a "light" or "heavy" gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barnes
Australia
flag msg tools
its more my group will have trouble with longer games. Im unsure how i would go with TI3, but a 2-3 hour game i could do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For lighter stuff, either Small World or Carcassonne.

If you want a little heavier, go with Power Grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
- SmallWorld - Good game. I haven't played in awhile, though.

- Descent - Another good one. I don't own the current edition, so I'm not sure how it compares to my version.

- Jamaica (unavailable in Australia) - Fun, light game that involves racing around the island. I'm glad I own it, but I wouldn't recommend it as the final game to fill an order. There are better choices out there.

- Carcassonne - Another light, family-style game. Always a good choice (except if you don't enjoy tile-laying).

- Power Grid - And we have a winner! Of all the games on your list, I would go with this one. I've never played a game of it that wasn't close right down to the end. I've never played a game where there was a runaway winner.

- Caverna - If this were my list, I'd buy Caverna (because I don't already have it and it looks great).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Smallworld would fit your collection nicely. I have it and don't have enough people so I got the iPad version. What a blast. Descent would be my 2nd choice if I were you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Carcassonne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blueprints

Las Vegas
Yspahan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier, Sr.
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of the list you gave, I think Power Grid is the best of the lot. It's a bit heavier than most of the others you've bought, but not really a brain-burner either. It's always been in my top 5.

For an additional choice, you might want to look up Smash Up, a card game with a feel similar to King of Tokyo. Players each smash together two different deck types of beings (ninjas, dinosaurs, pirates, zombies, etc.) and compete to win different bases, each one awarding certain number of points. It's a riot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.