Subject: The Americans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom Brennan
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a long-time "fan" of the War of 1812 (or The American War, depending which side of the pond you are on) I sent a note to GMT suggesting that the C&C:Napoleanics system could use some American troops.

I was pleasantly surprised and excited to receive a reply from them, indicating that, "US 1812 is in the works. I can't wait to match up Scott's gray-clad regulars against the British Peninsular veterans at Chippewa."

Well, add me to the list that can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A reply from Tony Curtis a year ago... asking about 'epic'....

Quote:
Richard Borg will probably let us know after we get the Austrians out next. At this point I do not know. We've got Americans, French allies, coalition allies, generals and marshals annnnd Epic Nap to do yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree - having the wherewithal to cover the War of 1812 would be quite neat. Here is something that may 'scratch that itch' till that day:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70468/saratoga-1815
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
its is truly amazing what can be done with this system, with very few changes... So I wonder how long after the Americans come out will we be asking for the Tex Mex War (Mexicans) to be made :)

I love this system

Richard Borg told me once about one halloween he had a game night at his house, and had Napoleonics vs Battle figures, and said the system worked really well. It does seen fun to have French against Goblins lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what happened in 1939 ... LOL!

To be serious: I would better love the American revolution war with this system!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Thanks very much to the first two posters above for revealing that besides everything else, we have Minor Power Allies and Americans to look forward to. As someone who owns ALL the Richard Borg C&C games and all their expansions, I bow in your direction! Now, if we can just get a month forcasted for the Prussians...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
GGleize wrote:

To be serious: I would better love the American revolution war with this system!

And of course that leads to the French/Indian Wars, which then leads back across the pond to the rest of the Seven Years War...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kixdsky wrote:
GGleize wrote:

And of course that leads to the French/Indian Wars, which then leads back across the pond to the rest of the Seven Years War...

Exactly! I'm a big fan of this one "French & Indians" and of the history of north America from the 16th 17th to 18th centuries! It would be great treated "light" like Battlecry with beautifull figures of Mohawks, Rangers, French & English troops!

I donno if we all are enought to make them live (I hope so) but Mr Borg and his team has many ideas of wargames possible IMAO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.