Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions from Story 2: The Inner Sanctium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Chris
Japan
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
This was only the second time we played, and already I've discovered a few things we did wrong, but there were a few things that happened and I'm still not sure what's the "right" way to deal with them.

Event one adds a cult leader to the game. I had the fireball shooting cult leader. When he does his special attack, pass or fail, he places a fire token in the room. Will he also take Fire damage that same turn, or will that only start on his next turn?

If the Cult leader is killed in the fire does he also drop the Cult Robes, or are those only available if an investigator kills him?

When wearing the robes, do investigators still have to make horror and evade checks from Cultists and/or cult leaders?

If the keeper kills a wounded cultist with the summoning action, will the placed monster take those wounds, or does it start with full health?

Finally, it may just because this story uses an unending horde of cultists, but the investigators were making a LOT of Horror and evade checks all game. I was just spamming the hallways with wondering cultists doing more damage with horror checks and failed evade checks than in actual "combat". Is that how it's supposed to be? Is there any way to combine numbers and speed up the constant dice tossing grind of simply walking down a busy hallway?

Overall it was a very fun game, but the investigators were getting a little frustrated with the constant checks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
1) Based on the timing of when monsters are dealt fire damage, the cult leader will take damage that turn.

2) The Cult Robes never become available if a cult leader is killed by fire. (Thematically, they burn.)

3) Investigators still need to make horror tests against cultists. They do not need to make evade tests against cultists, as any monster that cannot attack you also cannot make you roll evade tests (the same applies to stunned monsters). However, Cult Robes only work against rank and file cultists, not cult leaders (though the +4 evade bonus will still help a lot).

4) The summoned monster starts with full health.

5) You were doing it correctly; Summon Worshippers is a very badly-designed keeper action and will have that sort of effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played this game, the fire-throwing cult leader actually set the chapel on fire where the summoning took place. What a break for the investigators as all those cultist and the summoned creature just burned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.