Popular Tags: [View All]
James Thayer
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And then drawing comparisons to which CCG/LCG it most resembles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Can't read my POKAH FASE
mbmbmbmbmb
The planets seem to resemble the stories from the Call of Cthulhu card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Russell
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it might be similar to aGoT or Star Wars... Either way I'm looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too! I kind of like the idea of basically unlimited "influence" to take the term from Netrunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giliar Perez
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, I'm super stoked for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hernandez
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC60jOuYKt-7X3Jk2QR7N94A
badge
Cards and Cardboard (CnC) Reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I was making a comment about how it kind of reminds me of Scarab/Minotaur lords. Since they also have a benefit for having more influence on them. So far it hasn't been a popular opinion, but I am seeing more similarities. Either way, I am looking forward to the customization and deep two player play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I 'd say a mixture of Call of Cthulhu LCG and Star Wars LCG (which in turn borrows heavily from Legend of the Five Rings) . And a touch of El Grande's castillo in the form of the Warlord's blind bidding.

Nothing too original or exciting, but it may still be a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wondering for years when we were going to get a 40k license LCG. I am so excited I am semi able to ignore the lack of Tyranids and the Inquisition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bahz mukslinger
Canada
flag msg tools
hardcore smash up! hahah, just kidding.

I've been thinking about invasion or star wars, but I might wait and see how this one looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keggy wrote:
The planets seem to resemble the stories from the Call of Cthulhu card game.

Exactly what I thought.

CoC is my #1 LCG (I just started it, shame on me) and Netrunner a close second. What I love about CoC is that it let you deckbuild the way you want and every ideas are viable and playable. Plus the theme and general feel of the game is just pure amazing.

I really want Conquest to be as good as CoC +1. Love the theme, the artwork is awesome and the gameplay look fantastic from what I read.

Sure buy on Day 1 for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
When I saw the idea of allied pairs with this:

I immediately thought of Magic's famous color pie:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IG and Orks? Eldar and Dark Eldar? I'm having difficulty reconciling those two alliances.

Swapping Orks and DE on that wheel would be an improvement, IMO. It still wouldn't make a lot of sense, but it'd make slightly more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
IG and Orks? Eldar and Dark Eldar? I'm having difficulty reconciling those two alliances.

Swapping Orks and DE on that wheel would be an improvement, IMO. It still wouldn't make a lot of sense, but it'd make slightly more sense.

Ork/Imperial Guard actually makes a lot of sense. Ork's have work for Imperial Guards as mercenaries many times in the fluff. A more in depth discussion can be found here, http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/101...

As for Dark Eldar and Eldar teaming up. It doesn't happen often, but they have teamed up before. It's better to think of them as the same faction with two different ideologies on how to keep Slaanesh away. Sometimes they overcome their differences and team up against a common threat. In all honesty, the Chaos/Dark Eldar alliance makes less sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaic wrote:
Ork/Imperial Guard actually makes a lot of sense. Ork's have work for Imperial Guards as mercenaries many times in the fluff.

In 1st edition, sure.

But ever since the Battle for Armageddon became a big focus in the lore, that bit of history has been disregarded for what, 14 years in the miniatures game?

22 years if we go back the Armageddon board game (which was a big part of the changes to lore for the second edition minis rules).

Quote:
In all honesty, the Chaos/Dark Eldar alliance makes less sense.

It makes slightly more sense than SM and Tau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
Kaic wrote:
Ork/Imperial Guard actually makes a lot of sense. Ork's have work for Imperial Guards as mercenaries many times in the fluff.

In 1st edition, sure.

But ever since the Battle for Armageddon became a big focus in the lore, that bit of history has been disregarded for what, 14 years in the miniatures game?

22 years if we go back the Armageddon board game (which was a big part of the changes to lore for the second edition minis rules).

There is an entire Ork clan (Blood Axes) who commonly works with the imperial guard. Granted, they are kind of enemies of the other Greenskins and seen as "untrustworthy", but that doesn't really change that they work with the Imperial Guard.

Info on Blood Axes: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Axes

EitherOrlok wrote:
Quote:
In all honesty, the Chaos/Dark Eldar alliance makes less sense.

It makes slightly more sense than SM and Tau.

I agree SM and Tau is a very odd alliance. I can kind of see them teaming up if they had a common foe to fight (Chaos), but it is really stretching it. I'm probably mostly going to build single faction decks anyway, so the alliance wheel doesn't bother me too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaic wrote:

"Works with" is a bit of a stretch, IMO. They trade with, and have adopted some of the fighting strategies from the Imperium, but that relationship's always been a little covert, with the Imperium using them mostly to subvert the goals of other Clans.

Even Snikrot, the most prominent leader in the Clan, has been fighting the IG since the wars on Armageddon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
It seems like they're at the point now where they're mostly taking elements from their other LCGs and other CCGs and combining them (which isn't too surprising, considering how much design space they've covered). Tweaking and improving it to address issues that cropped up with other games.

This seems to me like they mashed CoC together with Star Wars. Which I'm happy about, because I liked half of each of those games, and it's the half that they've decided to mash up here (at least from first appearances).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad that they took some inpiration from Call of Cthulhu (planets vs stories) which is my favorite LCG from FFG, mostly due to the theme, cool rules and fun gameplay.

Warhammer Invasion also have some clever rules and mechanics.

What I really likes about Conquest was the victory condition of having 3 planets that share at least 1 type of symbol. This will make some cool decision making moments where you'd have to let go a cool planet bonus for one that will push you closer to victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Dragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm interested to see how this game will play.
These Warlords sound like a great idea, combining the Netrunner ID cards and a bit of the Star Wars deck building.

I'm fine with the alliances, but swapping Orcs and Chaos on that chart would have maybe not been bad either.
Well, the alliances are probably set up this way because of gameplay reasons, not just flavour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It really does seem that they put Netrunner, Call of Cthulhu lcg and stars wars lcg and married pieces of all of them with Warhammer 40k universe. Which is awesome, I haven't yet had "shut up and take my money" attitude about a card game... If the game system pans out, I have my wallet in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William De Prêtre
Belgium
Zuienkerke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some similarities with Sabretooth's old version : the five sectors with special abilities on each sector card. The faction card is now the warlord card. It lacks the die roll/events on each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ratent wrote:

I'm looking forward to reading the rulebook to learn how this unique game plays and then playing it once I nab a copy at GenCon. And that's all I need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
caleb G.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ratent wrote:

To the average person who doesn't play boardgames, the name of this thread probably seems really weird..... But I agree. I wanna read this rule book too meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.