Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the setup instructions, we are directed to place deep space counters within 7 hexes of the Home Player's system. Is that counted only from the home planet or all the counters in the system?

Do the AP's fleets ignore unrevealed deep space counters as in the original solitaire rules?

What happens to the AP's units when its home planet is destroyed by bombardment? Instructions for the Alien Player Co-op (2 Players) on page 16 says that all the AP's fleet units are completely eliminated from the game, so that is how I handled it in this scenario. Does this also include ground units sitting on a captured colony? Does that colony then revert back to my ownership? Or must I go in with ground troops to take it back, even after the AP is eliminated?

Thanks for any help with these questions; I apologize in advance if I missed something in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everett wrote:
In the setup instructions, we are directed to place deep space counters within 7 hexes of the Home Player's system. Is that counted only from the home planet or all the counters in the system?

Do the AP's fleets ignore unrevealed deep space counters as in the original solitaire rules?

What happens to the AP's units when its home planet is destroyed by bombardment? Instructions for the Alien Player Co-op (2 Players) on page 16 says that all the AP's fleet units are completely eliminated from the game, so that is how I handled it in this scenario. Does this also include ground units sitting on a captured colony? Does that colony then revert back to my ownership? Or must I go in with ground troops to take it back, even after the AP is eliminated?

Thanks for any help with these questions; I apologize in advance if I missed something in the rules.

"Home system" refers to all counters of your colour, not just your home planet.

The rules for exploration technology in fleets only apply to Extermination and Exploration fleets (page 17 in CE scenario book), and the fleets in this scenario are specifically Regular fleets. Since they have no way of finding a safe path I'd say they should just ignore face down counters.

The scenario 4 draws most of it's rules from the original solo scenarios rather than from the co-op ones in the expansion, so I would apply the original rule that destroying (and now invading) the home planets leaves ships (and now ground troops) on the board and operational as before. See page 10 "Alien Payer Home Planet", 4th bullet, in the base game scenario book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, your points make sense; thanks.

Would the fleet at the conquered colony then move on to the next nearest colony to continue its dastardly mission, or would it stay to guard the newly conquered territory. What about the invading troops? Do they stay or mount up and move on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That isn't covered by RAW.
In the victory point scenario ground troops never leave a planet once they land on one and the alien fleet guarding the planet would continue to guard it forever (even if the home world is destroyed).
For scenario #4 it isn't specifically mentioned that the fleets defend colonies, so I'd argue that they rampage on and leave the colony to be defended by whatever the defense budget buys. Whether they take the ground troops with them again isn't covered. I'd probably play it that they do take troops with them if they are targeting a colony that could reasonably be invaded by them.

Please keep in mind that in my solo games I have played the victory point scenario almost exclusively, so I am not sure how balanced the above is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, thank you for the response. The AP will move on in my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.