Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: notes [+] [View All]
Martin Amdur
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Big galaxy" is a no brainer. Use two copies and paint the pieces of one different colours, then use the instructions below for big Island to recreate it in space!
"Big Island Turned into Big Galaxy" (7-8 Players)

Take two complete sets of planet hexes, minus one asteroid field. Lay them out in one large hexagon, starting with a line of seven and filling in both sides as in the normal layout. Take one set of ports and add three generic ports (or two generics and one food planet port), and lay them out starting at the hex closest to you and filling in every other space, as normal. Align the ports toward the longest row of planet hexes.
The game is played normally, but the Klingon only forces a player to discard half their cards if the player has more than ten cards."

5-6 Player extension apparently will not be released ( http://www.catan.com/news/2012-07-19/star-trek-catan-circle-... )leaving the only option for those who want to play with more people to make the extension out of an other copy of ST Catan (as suggested several times in the above link). You can almost make two out a single copy. Here is the breakdown for what you need and what you get:
1 copy-------------------2 copies
30 Starships----------------yes
14 outposts------------------yes
8 starbases----------------yes
5x each resource-----------yes
6 starfleet intervenes cards--yes
3 different progres cards----------yes
2 Dilithium planet----------------yes
2 Tritanium Planets----------------yes
2 Oxygen planets----------------yes
2 water planets----------------need 1 more
2 food planets----------------need 1 more
1 Asteroid Field----------------need 1 more
10 Number tokens (2-12 (no 7))--have 8 need 2 & 12

Extra parts (could be re-sold on ebay to help defray the costs of buying a whole second set on top of splitting the costs with a second person):
Largest Supply Run Card
Largest Starfleet Card
Klingon Battle Cruiser (you may want to keep this, repaint it and use it for a home made "Seafarers type expansion)
frame pieces (can any of these be used to make a 5-6 player frame?)
9 each type of resource card
2 starfleet intervenes cards
5 Victory point cards
1 set of support cards
2 Dice
rules
almanac
the Box

As you can see two people can split up a copy and almost make two complete 5-6 player extensions missing only two planets, 1 asteroid field, and the numbers 2 & 12.

The Asteroid field could be replaced by The Black Hole Hex which is available here: http://tinyurl.com/spacefarers. Note: a space hex is also available there which could be used to create a Seafarers version for ST Catan. Also the YelloGen hex could replace a missing food planet and BLUEtonium hex could replace a Water planet.

This leaves the number chits 2 & 12 (which I'm sure most people could figure out a way to make). Maybe the planets could be bought as replacement parts from Mayfair/ Cosmos instead of making replacement hexes...

Can anyone recommend a type of spray paint to paint the pieces?
Anyone interested in splitting up a copy with me? If so GM me and will explore this further. I can mail directly from Canada and USA (I live in a border town).

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Framarin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a second copy on Ebay and am in the middle of painting the two sets of pieces. I'm using Krylon Fusion Spring Grass and Espresso for the pieces. They look pretty good so far.

I put together a couple of files that contain images of four frame extension pieces (two blanks, one food outpost, and one generic outpost), the missing planet hexes, and the 2 and 12 tokens. Once I make sure everything looks good, I'll upload the images. I'm having a little trouble getting the pieces to fit together perfectly; I may have to tweak the images a little bit yet.

I printed the 'sticker' pieces on HP brochure paper and ran them through the laminate/permanent adhesive cartridge for my Xyron 900. Stuck the top 'stickers' onto 0.05" chipboard, cut them out and then applied the bottom 'sticker' and trimmed if necessary.

If anyone would like the other half of the game, PM me. For a modest fee, I might be persuaded to paint the other minis and put together the extra pieces, too... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Amdur
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I can hardly wait to see your files and maybe some photos of your work! I too am using a Xyron 900! Great machine for PNP!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Framarin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded the images. Check them out and let me know what you think. I'll try and get some pics posted in the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Amdur
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look excellent. Nice job with the rules too. I couldn't have asked for more (and I didn't).
Thank you!

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.