United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
In this morning's update, IO Worlds reports that they'll be bringing a playtest version (not all the art is final) to show off and play, starting at 6pm until closing. Alcohol will be served, and there's a cover charge, but here's the original post from IO Worlds:

Quote:

Ahoy there!

Some of you have been wanting to see the game in action. As soon as we get enough bits of this off to the various manufacturers and other production gunk done, we fully intend to make a (much-updated) gameplay video.

If you can't wait for that, and if you are going to be in the Portland (Oregon) area on Thursday, March 20, 2014, we will be running a game of Teramyyd:Earthsphere at Guardian Games, adjacent to picturesque Downtown Portland, from 6pm 'til closing. Simply take I-5 to the beige squiggle, then follow the grey arrows to a yellow street that passes in front of a upside-down red teardrop. I will be playing/refereeing and Robert will be running around with a camera, documenting baby Teramyyd's first steps into the real world. Because a good deal of the art is in production right now, we will be playing the Print-and-Play version--currently very up-to-date and available on the IOworlds website, supplemented by a few miniatures from other board games, because we sent all of our best masters to Troll Forged...the fruits of which you will see later in this Update.

Since this is the 3rd Thursday of the month, it is Beer & Pizza Night at Guardian Games, which means that there is a $10 cover charge (which gets you beer and pizza credit tokens, natch), and since alcohol is being served, attendees must be 21 or older. But once you get in the door, everyone is free to watch, or (if spots are still available) play. We'll be happy to meet our backers, or for that matter, anyone. Come watch and play and ask us vexing questions that may actually have an answer to. And if you can't make it, don't sweat it. We intend to do more public play-sessions after this, at a variety of game stores in the area.

If you are able to go and play, I'd love to hear your impressions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this rate, they need to give you a PR credit in the back of the rule book cool

Let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
so? Four days since the playtest and nobody has posted anything??? Or didn't anyone make it there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neva Kee wrote:
so? Four days since the playtest and nobody has posted anything??? Or didn't anyone make it there?

Yah, I wish the devs were way more active on these forums. If no one else posts, at least the devs should post a session report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Yea, given that we heard about this playtest about a day before it happened... I'm wondering if anyone was there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.