Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought of this a while back not long after first seeing OP1's Elite Attack Die resource, but haven't bothered trying to actually flesh out the idea until now. I'm considering buying a couple of blank D8's and trying these out.

I'm hoping we see an offical EDD similar to this as a participation prize in one of the upcoming OP events, especially with there being comparatively fewer ways to modify defense rolls. This also could encourage people to save their BS tokens for defending, which might make for some interesting meta-shifts if it were to ever become an official resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan S
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent idea and the change in seeing battlestations used more for defending is a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a special defense die in the works, but not quite what you'd expect. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
There is a special defense die in the works, but not quite what you'd expect. :meeple:

Ok, I'll bite.

5/8 sides are evades. 2/8 are blank. 1/8 gives you an extra critical hit instead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
In a few games we've joked about a resource that adds 5 cards to your damage deck. Those cards have crit hit effects that repair/buff/etc. your ship.

It would be amusing, but makes absolutely no sense thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
There is a special defense die in the works, but not quite what you'd expect. meeple

Can't wait to see, Andrew!

Church14 wrote:
In a few games we've joked about a resource that adds 5 cards to your damage deck. Those cards have crit hit effects that repair/buff/etc. your ship.

That could be just as game shifting, throw-your-arms-the-air thrilling as Warp Core Breach or Direct Hit. Sounds fun! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:

Wow! I didn't expect to actually hear that something like this was in the works.

I still need to buy a couple of blank white d8's to make some mock-ups of these and test them out. I'm curious about what the other local players will think of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:

Let me guess... it's a d20?

Just kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Tricorder wrote:
Andrew Parks wrote:

Wow! I didn't expect to actually hear that something like this was in the works.

I still need to buy a couple of blank white d8's to make some mock-ups of these and test them out. I'm curious about what the other local players will think of them.

I did make a couple for fun's sake. I should post pics! Nice to hear there is such a thing in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meet the Counter Attack die... The Collective OP Month 1 participation award:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.