Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive only played a few games and i love it but i dont see the benefit in making your opponent turn over one of their land cards? Im sure im missing something but what is the benefit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Gardner
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenchan13 wrote:
Ive only played a few games and i love it but i dont see the benefit in making your opponent turn over one of their land cards? Im sure im missing something but what is the benefit?

It no longer counts as a cornfield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It reduces the resources available to your opponent.

Many of the Jake cards rely on the number of cornfields that are face-up. Husker knight stats for instance buff on the number of cornfields he has. The Pig destroys these, and makes Husker knights weaker.

Card cost also depends on the number of lands that are face-up. If you bring Jake down to 1 cornfield face up, he cannot play any cost 2 cards. No corn fields means none of his corn cards can be played!

Frankly I think the Pig is too limiting though. It harms the Jake Deck but is more or less useless in others!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
It reduces the resources available to your opponent.

Many of the Jake cards rely on the number of cornfields that are face-up. Husker knight stats for instance buff on the number of cornfields he has. The Pig destroys these, and makes Husker knights weaker.

Card cost also depends on the number of lands that are face-up. If you bring Jake down to 1 cornfield face up, he cannot play any cost 2 cards. No corn fields means none of his corn cards can be played!

Frankly I think the Pig is too limiting though. It harms the Jake Deck but is more or less useless in others!

AH! I see. Thank you. The Finn deck has a nice thing where in one hand i got the (i think its called) the "cool dog". and it protects both cards adjacent to it, which if you position your cards right Jake couldnt attack. But man the Jake deck seems so strong. Anyway, thank you again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.