Subject: I need help with translating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone paraphrase this fragment for me? (the last box on page 7, 5-player game)

"The second crew to search an abandoned station finds goods that the first crew missed. That should come as no surprise. However, some people may wonder why a crew would pay to leave in a space ship the second time it is found mysteriously abandoned..."

I don't understand the sense of it :( Especially because the second crew gets less, not more than the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it means:

Two players can take advantage of each abandoned station. This may be surprising, but just think, perhaps the first crew missed a few things, so there are still goods left over for the second crew to find, even if not as many as the first crew.

Two players can also take advantage of each abandoned ship. Why is that? Shouldn't the ship be gone after the first crew departs in it? Well... yes. That would happen if these were high-quality space ships. But they are actually floating deathtraps made out of junk, so after the first crew attempts to fly away in it, another crew may find a SUSPICIOUSLY SIMILAR abandoned ship parked only a small distance away from where the first crew found it.

[Note: That's not a paraphase. That's me trying to fill in the story details that that box is hinting at. Just remember that the yellow boxes are not rules text themselves; they're just themed explanations for the existing rules.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that makes sense now :D beautiful story! one more question however, what "pay" is it in this context?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Veridiana wrote:
that makes sense now beautiful story! one more question however, what "pay" is it in this context?

That is the thematic reasoning for getting money from the abandoned ship. The crew that you lose are paying you for the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both very much :D I know the yellow boxes are just thematic descriptions but I am translating the rules and need to translate everything. and the best way to translate is to understand the author's intentions :cool:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.