Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: villains capture an artifact rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
If a villain captures an artifact, I read in the rules that it is discarded. But then I read also in the rules, that it is placed off to the side of the board to show that they have it in their possession.

The Mob boss villain has Ambition, which gives him +1 die to combat for each artifact they have in their possession.

So I am really not sure if they keep the cards, or if the artifact is only kept if it is a temple artifact?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to keep the artifact. Especially when you play against against a vile organisation as you can possibly steal that from them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is a regular treasure, the villain faction keeps the cards. If it is a temple treasure (the pyramid), the villain faction keeps the temple but discards the cards associated with it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicalMino wrote:
If a villain captures an artifact, I read in the rules that it is discarded. But then I read also in the rules, that it is placed off to the side of the board to show that they have it in their possession.

The Mob boss villain has Ambition, which gives him +1 die to combat for each artifact they have in their possession.

So I am really not sure if they keep the cards, or if the artifact is only kept if it is a temple artifact?
Are you playing with or without an active vile organization?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
with...it is a solo-co-op game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicalMino wrote:
with...it is a solo-co-op game
Then the villans will keep the artifacts they recover. The heroes may try to steal them back.

Check out the Complete Rulebook on the files page for a better description of how the villains work.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I'm missing something in the rules, but how does the villain capturing an artifact effect their point tracker? If you steal an artifact does it lower their tracker?

we just played and I couldn't find it, so I gave them fortune for the artifact value, but when stealing an artifact the tracker did not move down.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NyQuil Driver wrote:
how does the villain capturing an artifact effect their point tracker?


From the rulebook, p.25 white box top right:

"The track marker moves 2 steps forward whenever the Villains collect an Artifact."

Quote:
If you steal an artifact does it lower their tracker?


See the rulebook p.23 bottom right under Destroying an Outpost. You can either

Steal one Artifact from the Villains

Or

Steal any Fortune the Villains have and move the track marker back D3 spaces.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.