Jeff Kaminsky
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules: You have 100pts, you may use any resource (just one). You may also use either admirals orders (just one). Your goal, is to drop as much damage against a cloaked fleet as possible. Assume your target is 3 Romulan D'Deridex, cloaked, but otherwise doing nothing. There is no need for defense, and assume range 2 unless you require another range to be effective. You don't need to be faction pure.

I'll start:

Vorcha
Worf
Klingon Flagship

Vorcha
Martok LE

Vorcha
Somraw Commander (at range 3 and accounting for extra defense for romulans)
Defense Condition One

Defense Condition One gives battlestations to all, Martok gives +1 and 1 reroll to all (except himself of course), and klingon battleship gives +1 blank conversion to all (and +1 to self only)

United Force (only used 5 points of it, couldn't find anything else better).

Anyhow I think this build tosses 19 raw dice, and converts to 10.7 hits against the romulan fleet. I'm curious to see if there's better and what other fleets come up with.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Steiner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
USS EXCELSIOR-
PICARD-
FEDERATION FLAGSHIP
IN'CHA
CHEAT DEATH
CHEAT DEATH
RAND
MCCOY
SCOTTY
O'BRIEN (ORIGINAL)
TRANSWARP
PLASMA TORPEDOS

SF-AO 5

Any 20 point ship

First turn SCAN(F)+RAND/IN'CHA(F)+MCCOY/SCOTTY(FREE)+BATTLESTATION(FS FREE)+TARGET LOCK (PICARD FREE)+either OBRIEN or Evade for ships action.

You will roll 8 dice with a free re-roll of blanks converting all BS to hits and the cloaked D'Deridex is -1 Defense. You will hit with minimum of 7 dice. Swing thru and repeat 4 actions with firing the torpedo out the rear arc, while the little ship comes up and picks on the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4th Division Battleship - 36
Ind-Klingon Flagship - 10
Khan Singh - 5
Antiproton Scan - 4
Boheeka - 2
Cyrano Jones - 3

USS Reliant - 20
Picard - 6
Photon Torpedoes - 5
Lojur - 2
Miles O'Brien - 2

Strike Force - 5

Battleship throws 10 modified dice a round. Picard bypasses any nuisances with O'Brien. If they de-cloak, they eat torpedoes too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
List Name TIAGDTD

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)

Resource: Flagship Klingon (10)

B’Rel-Class (20)
Martok (6)
Flagship (0)
Ship SP: 26

B’Rel-Class (20)
Koloth (4)
Defense Condition One (5) UF
Ship SP: 29

B’Rel-Class (20)
Ship SP: 20

B’Rel-Class (20)
Barrage of Fire (5) UF
Ship SP: 25

Total Build SP: 110

If defense weren't anything, this is the fleet I'd run Almost all LE stuff though...

Move into Range 1, Koloth sets off Defense Condition One to all ships, LE Martok does LE Martok type things.

BOF pairs with the Flagship, rolls 10 dice. 5 hit/crits, 2.5 BS (turn to hits), 2.5 blanks (reroll one for .75 more chance to hit/crit/bs +one more hit) which may one-shot one of the D'Deridex's. Total hit/crits: 9.25

The other two ships roll 3 hits/crits, 1.5 BS, 1.5 blanks (reroll one for .75 more chance to hit/crit/bs +one more hit) resulting in 6 hits/crits to the other ships for Koloth's and the other unmodified B'Rel.

Plus one U.F. re-roll somewhere...

Total damage not counting Romulan defense: 21.25 hits/crits

Edit: my maths suck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Ch'tang
Bof

Hideki fighters

D7
Worf
DefCon One
Bof

Vor'cha
LE Martok

98 points with UF.

One modified 11 die attack, one modified 10 die attack. Neither requires target lock. Downside is that BOF is fired by a generic captain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, first off this doesn't specify 1 round of attacks, so for all intents and purpose I can just say i dropped cloaked mines everywhere and ran away, dealing damage every round to them. Though it's implied 1 round so let's try instead of joking around too much.

Galaxy class 26
Indi (klingon) flagship 10
Piccard 6
Feint 4
Scotty 0(5)
Valtane 3
Janice Rand 2

Total: 51

Jem'haddar Battleship 34
Gul Dukat 5
Captured intellgence 3
Anti-proton scan 4
Boheeka 2
Ometi'klan 0(5)

Total: 48

United Force 0

So the Galaxy class gets up to 7 dice with a battle station, re-roll on up to 2 dice, and reduces their defense roll by 3 because of scan and feint. So the Galaxy does a little over 6.5 hits on an average roll, while a 3 die romulan defense rolls about 1.125, so the net damage averages 5.375.

The Jem'haddar gets the +1 from the indi klingon flagship and the +1 from the antipronton scan, so 8 dice with battlestation, Boheeka and Ometiklan. So it will do typically 8 hits unless you roll more then 2 blanks, So on average it gets all 8 hits, and I really don't want to do the math of rolling multiple banks, vs the rate at which Boheeka and O'metiklan can convert them, so I'm just going to call it 7.875. So with the Romulan defense dice vs the scan token, they average 1.875 evades, and take 6 hits.

So I'm going to leave it at about 11.375 hits of damage. (Unless someone feels like spending the effort to check the math for me on this for better numbers or worse numbers.)

Biggest thing to draw, 2 big ships with lots of actions can do crazy things, especially when I factor in that this is all high skill, so even if the romulans got to shoot back, they might only have 1 ship left at this point, if not 2 because of firing initiative with dukat or that chance on not hitting 12 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion Starship 34
Gul Dukat 5
Boheeka 2
Antiproton Scan 4

USS Sutherland 26
Independent Klingon Flagship 10
Maxwell Burke 1

Gal Gath'thong 18
Donatra 4
Plasma Torpedoes 5

Total 109 - 10 for United Force = 99

USS Sutherland attacks from Range 3 both other ships from Range 2.

Extra dice of defence against Sutherland is offset by free scan action from flagship.

Dominion ship takes Scan action and Battlestations from Dukat.

Sutherland gets free Scan and takes a Battlestations action.

Gal Gath'Thong Cloaks.

Dominion ship has 6 dice basic +1 from Antiproton Scan +1 from Donatra +1 from Flagship.

Sutherland has (4+1) dice basic (due to flagship) +2 from Maxwell Burke +1 from Donatra.

Gal Gath'thong has 5 +1 from flagship.

This makes:

9 Dice Attack vs 5 defence converting 1 Blank to a hit and converting Battlestations to hits and 1 re-roll from United Force.

8 Dice Attack vs 6 defence with Attack re-rolls and converting Battlestations to hits.

6 Dice Attack vs 6 Defence with re-rolls of blanks.

These 3 attacks roll 23 dice and on average this will convert to 19.75 hits/crits (13.375 damage after defence rolls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kaminsky
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
Ch'tang
Bof

Hideki fighters

D7
Worf
DefCon One
Bof

Vor'cha
LE Martok

98 points with UF.

One modified 11 die attack, one modified 10 die attack. Neither requires target lock. Downside is that BOF is fired by a generic captain

I liked this one, but Worf has no elite slots for Defense Condition One. However replacing Worf with Somraw Commander is legal. And with the 2 points, I would put Kurn on the Ch'Tang. So.... your output is 12 dice and 11 dice and I beleive after defenses.... wow... 16.03 damage.

That's crazy good.

The new list is

Ch'tang
Kurn
Bof

Hideki fighters

D7
Somraw Commander
DefCon One
Bof

Vor'cha
LE Martok

100 points with UF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
20 U.S.S. Reliant
10 Flagship (Independent - Fed)
04 Valdore
04 Antiproton Scan
05 Mr Spock
03 Boheeka
03 Romulan Pilot

14 Apnex
04 Donatra
06 Defense Condition 1
06 Projected Stasis Field
04 Cyrano Jones

Apnex uses PSF on Reliant then later beams a tribble to them. Reliant proceeds to get behind all three warbirds (in formation) by using Romulan Pilot, using its normal action to scan and getting a BS token from Donatra's Defense Condition One. Drops antimatter mines, hitting all of them for:
4 (Mines) +1 (Reliant) +1 (Valdore) +1 (Antiproton) +1 (Tribbles) =
8 dice, all Battlestations -> Hits (Spock) and 1 Blank -> Hit (Boheeka) per ship with no defense.

On average these will hit for 6 hits and 1 Crit each (21 total damage).

After Which Donatra blows the Apnex's core to deal 1 damage to any ship that survived by cheating death (24 Total Damage). 17 points left unused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ships with a 1-turn and/or a 2-turn. Problem solved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.